Any Lawyers Here?

You remind me. I must check on the status of my Bowler.

I wasn’t confused, and Holliday’s not-so-subtle ambiguity was noted. I categorized myself as a religious ninny (because I believe in the power of prayer, as noted), and affirmed that I still wouldn’t be praying for him.

Reading comprehension, peeps?

Who are you replying to?

“To whom”, and probably me.

1 Like

I’m intentionally protesting “whom”.

And Holliday hisself.

Whym?

It’s unnecessary.

What’s unnecessary?

That’s his own self to you, Loadus. Holliday his own self. Please learn to write.

Yer really dense, ain’t ya?

NO YOUPS!

:poultry_leg:

I think we are moving away from the use of “whom” and as much as I’m a stickler for decent grammar, I would like to see it become a thing of the past.

Okay - Brief history:

In March I had a medical emergency - went to the local hospital, asked if they took my insurance, which sucks, got what I thought was an affirmative response. I am sure that in the course of the night they had me sign all kinds of papers which since I was all freaked out I had no idea what they were. Turns out the hosp is not in network and although they were paid some money by both the Ins Co and me (processed as though they were in network) they are now balance billing me for, what for me, is a very large sum of money. If they don’t let it go then my best option appears to be a bankruptcy. My company self funds their insurance so they are going to try and make some arrangement with the collection agency, they say. So I have to wait on that. Otherwise I am concerned they will get a court order to garnish wages or whatever. Anyways - too bad there aren’t any lawyers here.

I did go through that Doc about 15 years ago, almost exactly, to the tune of about 30K. Went in thinking I was mostly covered, only to find out after the fact I was mostly not covered. Had the fukking ambulance just taken me a few miles further to an in-network hospital I would have been fine, but understandabley, first responders don’t ask trauma victims about insurance. I was shocked when I got the bill. This was a “Christian” hospital and they had a program to forgive medical expenses to those that “qualify”… namely the poor and indigent. I filled out the paperwork and they told me to go fly a kite. Best they could do was work out a payment plan… which would have sucked up a sizable portion of my income for the next several years. Outside of that they would turn it over to collections.

So, once the collectors started the harassment, I finally did consult an attorney. The attorney basically told me I had no redress and that bankruptcy was my best option. In fact, he said I would be foolish to waste another day stressing. He put me in touch with a bankruptcy attorney. I think I paid $300 or $400 total for the filing, which I was able to write off on my taxes. Wiped out the medical bills along with about $10K in other debt. Looking back, it was one of the wisest financial decisions I ever made.

I know laws and such regarding medical insurance have changed a lot in the past 15 years and mostly in the consumers favor, so hopefully you’ll have some potential redress that wasn’t available back then. You should definitely consult an attorney who specializes in medical and see if you have any options. Best of luck man.

2 Likes

That’s kind of the conclusion I had come to on my own and then got more details filled in by a consultant. It sucks because I did nothing irresponsible at all. I guess their satisfaction will come from knowing they did some damage to me. Nice people. Reminds me of these pro-lifers who can’t wait to put you in jail and execute you. I’ve been clear to them about it - they’ve been paid and I’m not giving them jack - why can’t they just say, oh okay, never mind then and forget it? A-hoes

1 Like

If you own a house put it in someone you know you can trust’s name. Hospital put a lien on my aunt’s house and took it.

I got some hats and stuff, but no property. Lucky me I don’t have much they’d be interested in.

1 Like

My gf’s stepdad got his hospital bill covered a few years ago by one of the poor and indignant deals, it’s worth a try. He makes good money when he’s working but he was laid off at the time (winter.)

That’s fucked up. Horribly. I hate this country.

1 Like