Public apology to Gypsy

Evasive.

What do you want from me?

Do you really want me to disclose others’ personal problems when it only peripherally involves me?

Well, I won’t. I tell you this much…I don’t care what anyone here thinks about me.

I’ve said it before and I will repeat it…cliche or not. It takes two to tango and my god damn dance card is clearly full.

I will tell you this much…one of my current “enemies” I recently unfriended on FB and suddenly is a complete asshole with me.

Men don’t seem to take rejection very well at all.

Where you seem to take it as encouragement. You have unFriended everyone here but here you are as if to deny that everyone has had enough of you. Even me. :cry:

1 Like

What?!

Didn’t you used to be the darling of the board? And now?
What did you do?

No, I never was.

So, people have asked me why I’ve turned on LIBS. I will finally share the story.

Last summer…I went to a party. I took my partner with me. It was at one of my bestie’s birthday and he had a cookout.

Two women from work, LIB women, came to join us. I was certainly always friendly with them at work. I don’t recall how it got started, but one of them is certainly always pushy with her beliefs on everyone. She happened to bring up AGW. I didn’t say much, I was having a good time and wasn’t looking for a heavy debate at a bday party. She starts debating with my partner. He’s got a PhD in chemistry and started studying the issue of gw when the email scandal happened about 4-5 years ago. He, having spent many years in academia, questioned the whole issue and started reading about it.

So he has strong opinions that he’s formed from reading graphs, charts, papers, etc…YEARS now. So they started going back and forth.

Again, I was there for fun and decided to go get a refill on my margarita.

Here’s where I was flabbergasted…I come back, and this uppity, arrogant, upper middle class white woman looks straight up at me from where’s she sitting and says

" “Michael’ has strong opinions on issues…do you have a voice in this relationship at all?’ Do you just go along with everything he says?”

I’m looking at her blinking, like in "WTF did she just say?’

Now “Michael” knew me very well by then…his eyebrow goes up as in “this isn’t good”. The other LIB woman says in Spanish to me “Get him out of here”

I blinked for a few seconds more…last thing I expected at a bday party.

I kept my composure, didn’t say anything to the Spanish speaking LIB at all. Afterall, she didn’t ask me a question and could get off her flabby ass and walk away if she didn’t like the conversation.

So, the rude white LIB got “Well, Karen we are on the opposite end of the political spectrum, so yes we do grapple with issues and often. However, we treat each other with respect and regardless of how passionate our debates are…we care about each other at the end of the day and most often agree to disagree”

She backpedaled with “I know other couples like that, they also seem to make it work.”

However, what I learned that day about those on “my side” is that they are often as intolerant, rude and nasty as the “other side”.

It was the first time I realized it…I had always passionately defended my “fellow” LIBS and then it all cascaded down on me like a movie being flashed at 3x the normal speed.

We actually believe we’re ALWAYS right and when we’re challenged we CAN be as nasty and rude as we say CONS are.

The lesson wasn’t that CONs are good people. The lesson was that I could be insulted by my “own kind” because someone with some intelligence challenged them.

He happened to known the science better than anyone at that party…and I WAS ATTACKED for it.

WTF?

Why do you keep mentioning that she is “white”?

1 Like

In my life experience, it’s only white people that feel so privileged as to insult me to my face…I have to be stupid to be different than them, right?

That seems racist.

1 Like

You don’t think upper middle class whites are privileged?

Really?

We are all equal at the beach in our swimwear.

LMAO

LIBS…ask any person of color just how equal they feel

JESUS!

When did you become so racist? I didn’t know you were that way but now that I do I don’t like it very much. Racism is ugly and now you are too. :cry:

Seriously, you’re calling me a racist? I have been taking shit from white people since I was a little girl and I’m a racist because I am distrusting?

Good god, I’m done.

Maybe this isn’t the place for you since you hate white people…

Not liking several of you here doesn’t make me hate white people, you are an idiot.

I’m white so therefore I’m an idiot? OMG! Do you know how racist that is? Very!

You having fun yet?

I never said that, but people like you and several other assholes here won’t care.

I think TBD said you were the straightest shooter on the board.

I will say this to TBD or anyone, that’s close to the biggest pile of shit that was ever posted on these common boards.

You read that Dawg? You’re full of SHIT on this.

I don’t know what you are talking about. I think you need to sleep this one off Encina. You are so unhappy these days. You need to examine why that is rather than ask why I think I have a right to mention what anyone can see. End topic.

I think you should go cheerfully have sex with yourself.