Public apology to Gypsy

I apologized to her in PM. She didn’t think I owed an apology, but I do.

Now I want to make it public. Just to state my case. Do with it what you will.

When Oak was going after Gypsy, I knew what she was doing was unbalanced and uncalled for. But I mostly kept quiet. The reason I kept quiet was because I didn’t want to set Oak off.

Gypsy said a lot of horrible things to Oak. But CLEARLY she was egged on by Oak’s repeated vitriolic and hateful attacks.

Anyone here who ever becomes a victim of Oak’s amped up bullying would react the same way Gypsy did – and the way I now do. I apologize for horrible things I have said to Oak, but please understand those comments are reactions to incessant bullying. I DID NOT START THIS FEUD. It is not my MO to say such horrid things to anyone, ever. But I am sick of the attacks, and I have been pushed too far.

I apologized to Gypsy privately then and I apologize to her publicly now because I believe it was wrong of me to sit by while Oak leveled uncalled for, ugly, bullying personal attacks against Gypsy on a public forum. I do not approve of my behavior then, and I promise to stand up to bullies now and in the future – whoever they are attacking.

2 Likes

I’ll pass this along, Lotus.

Thanks.

I liked Gypsy - she should come back - srsly

2 Likes

Agreed.

Gypsy? I think she was here when I first came but I don’t really remember. She did what gypsies do it seems. lol

What a pathetic attempt to garner sympathy.

Apologizing to someone that doesn’t come here anymore. LMAO

I have been reading Lotus’ tantrums this weekend. Jesus…GET a Life. We only have one go around and spending a good part of your online time thinking about me is SICK.

I haven’t spent 10 seconds thinking about you this weekend.

Did you liquidate her Encina? I WANT THE TRUTH! :angry:

Liquidate?

I’m not important enough to make anyone change their behaviors.

I don’t have that kind of power. It’s silly to believe so.

If you made being on a little message board so unpleasant then you do have that power. I wish I could have known her but now it is not to be.
Who did this to you Encina? Who? I want to know. I’ll get them! I’ll make them pay! :cry:

1 Like

You’re making a lot of assumptions, aren’t you?

I will not rehash the entire history with Gypsy…but I will tell you this much…she inserted herself into my life via PM over something personal to her that had nothing to do with me.

And I was not the first woman that she had this issue with.

Explain. Your side must be told.

It is incredibly personal and I think it benefits no one if it’s rehashed.

It’s clear to me my detractors won’t give me the benefit of the doubt and those that are neutral probably really don’t care to read the drama.

You can take my word that I had nothing against Gypsy until she became manipulative because of her own problems that had nothing to do with me.

Or don’t. I don’t owe anyone here anything.

Evasive.

What do you want from me?

Do you really want me to disclose others’ personal problems when it only peripherally involves me?

Well, I won’t. I tell you this much…I don’t care what anyone here thinks about me.

I’ve said it before and I will repeat it…cliche or not. It takes two to tango and my god damn dance card is clearly full.

I will tell you this much…one of my current “enemies” I recently unfriended on FB and suddenly is a complete asshole with me.

Men don’t seem to take rejection very well at all.

Where you seem to take it as encouragement. You have unFriended everyone here but here you are as if to deny that everyone has had enough of you. Even me. :cry:

1 Like

What?!

Didn’t you used to be the darling of the board? And now?
What did you do?

No, I never was.

So, people have asked me why I’ve turned on LIBS. I will finally share the story.

Last summer…I went to a party. I took my partner with me. It was at one of my bestie’s birthday and he had a cookout.

Two women from work, LIB women, came to join us. I was certainly always friendly with them at work. I don’t recall how it got started, but one of them is certainly always pushy with her beliefs on everyone. She happened to bring up AGW. I didn’t say much, I was having a good time and wasn’t looking for a heavy debate at a bday party. She starts debating with my partner. He’s got a PhD in chemistry and started studying the issue of gw when the email scandal happened about 4-5 years ago. He, having spent many years in academia, questioned the whole issue and started reading about it.

So he has strong opinions that he’s formed from reading graphs, charts, papers, etc…YEARS now. So they started going back and forth.

Again, I was there for fun and decided to go get a refill on my margarita.

Here’s where I was flabbergasted…I come back, and this uppity, arrogant, upper middle class white woman looks straight up at me from where’s she sitting and says

" “Michael’ has strong opinions on issues…do you have a voice in this relationship at all?’ Do you just go along with everything he says?”

I’m looking at her blinking, like in "WTF did she just say?’

Now “Michael” knew me very well by then…his eyebrow goes up as in “this isn’t good”. The other LIB woman says in Spanish to me “Get him out of here”

I blinked for a few seconds more…last thing I expected at a bday party.

I kept my composure, didn’t say anything to the Spanish speaking LIB at all. Afterall, she didn’t ask me a question and could get off her flabby ass and walk away if she didn’t like the conversation.

So, the rude white LIB got “Well, Karen we are on the opposite end of the political spectrum, so yes we do grapple with issues and often. However, we treat each other with respect and regardless of how passionate our debates are…we care about each other at the end of the day and most often agree to disagree”

She backpedaled with “I know other couples like that, they also seem to make it work.”

However, what I learned that day about those on “my side” is that they are often as intolerant, rude and nasty as the “other side”.

It was the first time I realized it…I had always passionately defended my “fellow” LIBS and then it all cascaded down on me like a movie being flashed at 3x the normal speed.

We actually believe we’re ALWAYS right and when we’re challenged we CAN be as nasty and rude as we say CONS are.

The lesson wasn’t that CONs are good people. The lesson was that I could be insulted by my “own kind” because someone with some intelligence challenged them.

He happened to known the science better than anyone at that party…and I WAS ATTACKED for it.

WTF?

Why do you keep mentioning that she is “white”?

1 Like