NHL playoffs 2016

You could probably talk wabbit in getting together for a beer or a coffee, maybe even hitting the game together.

Maybe he’s let me stash my bag of guns at his place whilst I’m at the arena.

1 Like

and your meth too.

1 Like

Looks like we’re on…

No way SJ was going to blow it.

This is going to be a blood bath. Looking forward to it.

So we come to it at last, the great battle of our time, the two teams that the most has been expected of yet have returned the least (Not being dickish I think both your fanbases would agree with me) come playoff time. Every year since getting Thornton has been the Sharks year. Since the new management team in St. Louis took over they’ve made the improvements on their end yet the players haven’t delivered (may Larry Pleau rot in hell).

So, somebody’s gonna walk out of here Western Conference Champions and somebody’s just gonna walk out of here (yes I stole that from a League of Their Own).

I’d like St. Louis to win because now that we’re far enough away from the Norris days and in another conference we had some good rumbles with them over the years and they have great fans (The Sharks do too) who used to fill that Checkerdome place. Those were the days, Maple Leaf Gardens, Checkerdome, Joe Louis, Chicago Stadium, any night meant you were playing in a great building.

So go Blues BUT I will cheer for the Sharks against either Cindy Crosby or Tampon Bay

1 Like

Let’s get fired up! GRIMSON!
https://youtu.be/yiDY-z889s0

1 Like

Jesus NHL, Saturday night, a perfect night for a Game 1 WCF. Who hosts game 1? The Blues? Did they have like Bieber in concert or some shit? My wife is out of town tonight, what a perfect evening to smoke a big bowl and watch game 1. Now it’s going to interfere with Game of Thrones – scratch that, no it’s NOT going to interfere w Game of Thrones.

Yeah, I don’t get having a Sunday start. It must be a concert or something having the arena tied up like you said. 5pm Sunday sucks ass for me. I got shit to do.

Here’s some of that good TSN series analysis

So, blues struggle at home, Sharks do well on the road… :popcorn:

One yawn animal only goes so far

So stay the hell off the sports board.

1 Like

1 Like

I don’t know if struggle is the right word. Blues SUCK at home. I will turn the mutherfukker off in the 1st period if they get down by 2. I’m like that.

Sharks have given up bigger leads than that, to worse teams…

First time I’ve seen a goalie intereference negate an own-goal…

Watched the third period after GoT and was very impressed with the Blues. In my best Mike Babcock voice “The Blues started the third period on time and their compete level was high. They supported the puck very well along the walls and because they were able to do that they got some chances the other way.”

Seriously, I kept waiting for the roof to fall in but for one chance by Pavelski late the St. Louis Six looked sharp in the third, won the faceoffs and made smart choices. Also, the Sharks had either always plan on scoring first and holding a lead or they better pick up the forecheck. The Blues were 1 and 2 passes and out of their zone.

1 Like

Like I’ve been saying in the first two Series, the Blues will win or lose it on the boards. They are not a flashy speedy team that is going to overwhelm their opponents. They need to grind it out, wear down and take advantage of mistakes. They did that yesterday and need to stick to it.

It was 20 years ago today
Captain Stevie sent the Blues away
He’s been going in and out of style
But he’s guaranteed to raise a smile

Dave Strader and Mickey Redmond on the Detroit feed.
A SIXTY FOOT SLAPSHOT BY THE CAPTAIN!!!
https://youtu.be/MlzCxkfqIfo