The Deer Hunter

I missed this one when I was younger. Grim bot good. There is some beautiful scenery in Pennsylvania,

1 Like

This is this!

It is a good movie.

How the fuck could you miss the Deer Hunter?

I had never seen Casablanca until about 6-8 months ago.

Casablanca is old so there is a excuse - not so for the DH

Ok, if you say so.

I like DH more than AN myself…

AN is the greatest movie ever made

Ebert watched it 100 times and found something new every time - his reviews are beyond belief

AN is not about Nam - it is Nam so Spielberg sez and I agree

It’s certainly a great movie, no doubt about it.

AN is a take on The Heart of Darkness, which is a great, great book. One of the best.

HOD is about the making of AN - unreal

Their is a movie Heart of Darkness I believe - diff then the doc

I bet everyone on this board knows it, Ms. Know it all.

If you liked The Deer Hunter, wait until you see Cimino’s Heaven’s Gate.

Didn’t Marlon Brando join Tookie?

Yeah Marlon left the building some time ago.

I enjoyed the Deer Hunter. I really liked the POW Russian roulette scene. Over the top, but hey, it’s a fukking Hollywood movie. I like Vietnam war movies in general. I haven’t seen Platoon yet, but have it DVR’ed. I hope it’s good.

Platoon…meh. it’s ok

1 Like

I think that I was watching a couple of other movies at the time, watching them over and over. I think I will watch DH again soon, Good flick.

I worked with a guy once who’s father was a Pennsylvania coal miner. Everybody was afraid of this guy. He was believed to carry at work and on occasion he would blow up at somebody. He was a VN veteran who was rumored to have shot some local cows with a rifle. True or not people tended to believe the rumors.

Going up to PA this weekend to shoot some foliage along US-40 aka The National Road.

1 Like

The foliage is just beginning to turn around my area.