The joys of parenting

As this place needs a little lightening up (me especially!) and Roose is expecting a stork delivery, I thought it would be fun to share some of our more memorable moments in parenting like the time your kids ruined your microfibre couch with a bottle of olive oil or fed food into the DVD player. Oh wait, that was my kids.

Hehe

1 Like

I think the highlight for me was when the police showed up at 2am and took Dingle Jr away in handcuffs… followed by the many visits to the county lock down and attorneys offices. The $10,000 in probation fees over 5 years was a blast too . Ahhhh… child rearing memories… I’ll always cherish them.

Oh wait, you were talking about lily white upper middle class parenting. Sorry, I had no experience with that.

So anyway…

When my twins were little, my daughter asked me what would happen if she married her brother. We explained the legalities and that their kids wouldn’t turn out right. To illustrate the point, I told them their kids would look like this:

10k in probation “fees”? What is that, exactly? Do you have to pay the damn salary of the probation officer?

It’s a moneymaking enterprise. Ask BD6 about it. That’s why my kid ended up with 2 felonies and 5 years probation for what amounted to a high school prank. Doesn’t matter that they all but ruined his life on paper. In my day they would have made us clean up the school for a few weeks.

2 Likes

I remember that story. It’s criminal what they did to your kid.

When you get in that system they do everything to keep you in - It’s a fucking business that makes the mafia look small

2 Likes

Murica. What a country!