My car buying research and experience took me on a completely unexpected journey

Hmm, that doesn’t really clarify what the real issue is, other than possibly some hiccup in cudl (CREDIT UNION DIRECT LENDING) which is simply a “portal” to send loan applications to Credit Unions, there are other platforms for more conventional financing, and some portals that combine cu and bank lending. Do what Armando suggests contact the Finance Guy at the dealer and ask them what is up, and also talk to Armando and ask him what the issue with cudl, was the app sent over cudl or not etc.

I could call Armando, but he probably wouldn’t tell me much, unless you called him and told him I was your uncle or whatever and was just wanting to see if I can assist you.

No one told us our (Haley and I) addresses had to be the same so she put her parents address down to simplify things. Through CUDL, cosigners should be the same address or married/related. This clerical error was enough to withdraw the loan.

Atleast that’s how it was explained to me

That makes some sense, The Dealer “should” have known that and made the paper work reflect that, by auditing the credit apps (making sure the addresses are correct, wink wink) etc…Have you talked to your Boeing Credit union?

I’m pretty sure Seattle Honda is trying their best to secure a loan for you as well, Dealers do not like to unwind a car deal.

Steve on car mechanics - made today - watch it really

https://youtu.be/HBj0TRJ8R7Y

After asking for a refund of my deposit and saying I’ll return the car, I got a phone call about an hour later saying my loan is funded.

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes