Windows ten DOC

Did they pay you off to say that? How many RECs you get?

I know how you trolls are.

What’s a REC?

Recs were like trophies on prior boards - just another way of likes

We used to have plussie and minussy karma things that would show how many upvotes (Plus) and downvotes (minus) you got. Now we make do with the trophy, which is still referred to as a “rec” I believe the phrase derives from the Ancient Sanskrit word for “Ass Licking”

1 Like

shutup six

LMAO

Sorry, no typo. Wanted XP (Win5) but Vista had just hit the stores and it was all I could get. Have HATED it and wished myself dead every fukkin day for nearly nine years now.

This system is Vista Business and it is the best one I have ever had - runs sweet as can be for years-- not one problem - I run it daily and run it hard

and I have 7 10 and 7 enterprise and XP

If it was that great, they shoulda just only made that version of it. This is Home Premium, wtf ever that is, and it’s been slow, cranky, and problem-laden from the first goddamn day.

The Acer hardware, though, has bee a joy except for the memory issue. And I bought the high-memory version at the time.

Maybe I got lucky - I got it from Dell Auction for a good price - still was reluctant to even bid cause of all the bad reviews, but, like I said it runs great on a 2.9 dual core AMD with 3 gig - problem free - and it ran great before I added 2 gig - not one problem in at least 3 years or more

This processor is an AMD 64x2 dual core, 3600+. Maybe more memory would help, but Vista itself was known to be a resource hog.

that should be a fine system if you put 3 or even 2 gig in it

close to mine almost the same

The mem made a big diff for me

I got a stupid question

are you sure both cores are turn on in bios

not trying to be a smartass

I got a laptop off a fella once and the second core was not activated - big diff

How is that possible?

How is what possible

Half your cpu not working/

It’s a setting in the bios

I know a guy that works for a big company - they have salesmen - they give them laptops

every fucking two years they give them new laptops

my guy hands the old ones out like fucking candy (they are still great systems)

I got one or two that looked like they were never turned on - I also used to get dell off lease that I know were never powered up from new - I used to sell them on ebay until a million assholes found the site and the bids went crazy. I used to buy them fucking ten at a time and then one asshole told another asshole and it ended - the fucking bids went from 100 bucks to 400 - I used to get mint fucking systems that were leased by big companies and never taken out of the case

you can turn off a core in the bios and then it runs like crap

who knows how the setting gets changed?

Who cares - just check it

When dual core first came out some had to disable one of the cores to run some software did not yet support 2 cores… gamers for example. Same with quad core. By now just about all software should be able to run dual or quad core. Not sure why a server would ship without all proc’s enabled, but yeah, it’s a good thing to check. It’s too fukking simple. I can see a lot of people nor even giving it a thought though.

http://www.ehow.com/how_7210009_enable-dual-core-processors.html

3 Likes

Thanks fer that D_M

My wife’s old lappy bricked itself, I will see if I can get back into it and see if this was part of why it was so damned slow