What is wrong with Oak?

Continuing the discussion from Public apology to Gypsy:

[quote=“Oak, post:20, topic:10747, full:true”]
No, I never was.

So, people have asked me why I’ve turned on LIBS. I will finally share the story.

Last summer…I went to a party. I took my partner with me. It was at one of my bestie’s birthday and he had a cookout.

Two women from work, LIB women, came to join us. I was certainly always friendly with them at work. I don’t recall how it got started, but one of them is certainly always pushy with her beliefs on everyone. She happened to bring up AGW. I didn’t say much, I was having a good time and wasn’t looking for a heavy debate at a bday party. She starts debating with my partner. He’s got a PhD in chemistry and started studying the issue of gw when the email scandal happened about 4-5 years ago. He, having spent many years in academia, questioned the whole issue and started reading about it.

So he has strong opinions that he’s formed from reading graphs, charts, papers, etc…YEARS now. So they started going back and forth.

Again, I was there for fun and decided to go get a refill on my margarita.

Here’s where I was flabbergasted…I come back, and this uppity, arrogant, upper middle class white woman looks straight up at me from where’s she sitting and says

" “Michael’ has strong opinions on issues…do you have a voice in this relationship at all?’ Do you just go along with everything he says?”

I’m looking at her blinking, like in "WTF did she just say?’

Now “Michael” knew me very well by then…his eyebrow goes up as in “this isn’t good”. The other LIB woman says in Spanish to me “Get him out of here”

I blinked for a few seconds more…last thing I expected at a bday party.

I kept my composure, didn’t say anything to the Spanish speaking LIB at all. Afterall, she didn’t ask me a question and could get off her flabby ass and walk away if she didn’t like the conversation.

So, the rude white LIB got “Well, Karen we are on the opposite end of the political spectrum, so yes we do grapple with issues and often. However, we treat each other with respect and regardless of how passionate our debates are…we care about each other at the end of the day and most often agree to disagree”

She backpedaled with “I know other couples like that, they also seem to make it work.”

However, what I learned that day about those on “my side” is that they are often as intolerant, rude and nasty as the “other side”.

It was the first time I realized it…I had always passionately defended my “fellow” LIBS and then it all cascaded down on me like a movie being flashed at 3x the normal speed.

We actually believe we’re ALWAYS right and when we’re challenged we CAN be as nasty and rude as we say CONS are.

The lesson wasn’t that CONs are good people. The lesson was that I could be insulted by my “own kind” because someone with some intelligence challenged them.

He happened to known the science better than anyone at that party…and I WAS ATTACKED for it.

WTF?
[/quote

^^^THIS^^^

Along with CONSTANT NON-STOP bitching from Lotus because she said a year or more ago that she “WASN"T DONE” WITH me.

If anyone has ever been in a relationship of any kind where ONE person is NON-stop nagging at you, you would understand.

I don’t know what the fuck people need to hear? How many times can I say the same fucking thing…it’s the hate of LIBS and Lotus’ in particular.

I know she blames me for everything…but has ONE of you stopped to ask why she doesn’t stop posting to me if she is having such a bad time?

Just one person???

1 Like

So, in other words, you hate libs because I believe in AGW.

Gotcha.

tl;dr.

Drama mama.

2 Likes

I hate some LIBS because they’re fucking rude assholes…ASSHOLE

Hey asshat…people are ASKING, but you’ve just changed your ID, pussy motherfucker, to talk shit.

2 Likes

LMAO!

Calm down.

Ooops, did I say that?

:smile:

OK, I’ve changed my mind.

I don’t think Oak has gone insane.

I think her new SO got her password and is the bitter, hate-filled one posting here under her moniker.

I think you can go fuck yourself.

And you got that for mentioning my SO. He doesn’t post here, he’s doesn’t get involved at all.

You’re an asshole.

Yeah, that’s makes it cute.

Fuck off, nag.

Oh, OK. Let me go fuck off, while you finish up your hategasm.

I’m fine, I just hate your nagging.

Your husband MUST be a saint.

Oak’s TOS 8345. She can mention her SO all she wants, but if you EVER refer to anything she has said about him, you are an evil, hateful troll worthy of an epic Oak meltdown.

Yes, exactly, nag.

Absolutely. He’s my SO.

NAG

She has told us repeatedly that her SO watches Fox “News” and is a global warming denier.

But don’t bring it up, ever, you lousy POS!!!

Yes.

Relevance to CBT, NAG?

http://content.milkmade.com/files/22783/medium/giphy.gif?1415223438

1 Like