We could all help Clueman get that down payment togther

If you were really “The Big Man” you want us to think you are, you would shame us all buy donating a big chunk of change, like 5K or 25K, or something, anything.

But you’re not a Big Man, you’re just an internet tough guy flapping his gums.

2 Likes

That blows man, sorry to hear that.

Clue, I really think that you need to mention your Army service and the fact that you were a firefighter. People love to help vets and firefighters. Maybe mention how you became disabled if you can. I’ve got 786 +/- followers on Twitter and can share it with them.

He mentioned he was a firefighter. I’ve been sharing it myself…maybe you can go ahead and share it.

Jeff and Oak, please take your argument to another thread. This thread should ONLY be about Clue’s Fund Me site. Stop it. I find this petty arguing when someone on the board is fighting for his life to be utterly despicable. BOTH of you.

Obviously, some people here can afford to contribute and some can’t. Those of you who can spare $5, $10, $100 or whatever, and won’t, well, all I have to say to each and every one of you is: YOU SUCK.

For anyone who wants to contribute but doesn’t want to reveal his or her name, you can do it anonymously.

Don’t lecture me, bitch.

I have done my part. FACT

And Rabbit and others have been involved in this discussion too you fucking asshole

$25 of your dollars isn’t enough for your lecture, asshole

In essence, you, just like Jeff are using Clue to bash me. Good job.

As long as you and Oak stop cluttering up threads too…

:unamused:

I’m not the one complaining here…just sayin’

As to her condemnation…it’s what I’ve been saying about her attitude of others.

I understand, Oak. I still wish, tho…

Clue, have you looked into any grants or assistance. I know it’s a major headache navigating that bullshit and 99% of the grant stuff on the internet is just scammers trying to get money from you, but there is actually legitimate money available for people with disabilities, especially disabled veterans. It seems to be a matter of knowing where to look and how to really polish up an application.

Grants.gov is the only legit government portal I kniw of. Another source for info I happened on is www.mobilityworks.com . It is indeed a for profit company in the business of selling wheelchair accessible vans, but I believe they do try to help people locate funding sources for free. Obviously, the more money they can find for people, the more vans they can sell. I think they even break it down by state and region. You may want to check it out.

2 Likes

I know you’re right. I know it in my head. In my gut though, I hate being attacked for not marching to someone’s else tune…

I’ll help Clue write a grant. I work on grants, contracts and proposals as a big chunk of what I do.

1 Like

I have actually talked to them all they do is refer you to the local Voc Rehab and WV’s Voc Rehab will only do conversions.

I have applied for a number of grants (in the 10 to 12 range) and it seems I live in the Land of No. Kind of like when I was in college applying for scholarships just shy of a 4.0 GPA plus recommendations from my Profs up the ying yang and could not get one to save my life.

As for the Vet thing I was involved in an incident with an officer…My youthful impertinence and testosterone cost me my military career and my post military benefits.

Clue, have you thought of going back to school? Just to a CC perhaps. You can get students loans and scholarships that might help you come up with a down payment and pay bills, as well as giving you credits toward some sort of degree or certification.

I almost had one of those with an Officer that was probably the biggest dickhead I ever met in the Navy.

I have thought about it but I already have a ton of student loan debt to pay off.

It’s a burden when you rack up too much student loan debt. It’s never forgiven. I can see how that could be an obstacle.

How about retraining? In CA the Dept. Of Rehabilitation pays for retraining including college if a person meets eligibility requirements.

Okay, man. I’ll keep trying to think of a way to make this happen… either through the gofundme campaign or otherwise. I must be getting old. In my younger days I would have had this figured out a few weeks ago.

Clue I suggest that you change the picture from the van to one of you. People need to believe that you’re not running a scam.

I just realized that after looking at the go fund me listing again.

2 Likes

I agree, a Pic of you in your chair, with your service dog.

1 Like