We could all help Clueman get that down payment togther

A draft Clue. If anyone else wants to improve or build upon this, well…anything to help Clue. Thx.

"I am a wheelchair bound man with a significant physical challenge, I am an amputee. I rely on a modest income from disability, less than $1000.00 a month. It keeps my head above water, but just barely. I need a wheelchair accessible van.

Why do I need a van? Public transportation is very difficult to access where I live, nearly impossible. I have always been an independent and hardworking man. My past jobs have included firefighting, ____ and _______. I may be physically challenged because of the amputation, but I am still a go getter and an outdoorsman at heart. This van will make it easier for me to get my life back.

What I want and can accomplish with this Go Fund Me donation is to fundraise for a healthy down payment on a van. This will make it easier to find that job, work again, earn a paycheck and be self-sufficient; just like you.

If you have it in your heart to reach out to a modest fellow looking to be a productive member of society again, it would be deeply appreciated.

3 Likes

I like it

A thousand thank yous!

You’re welcome! :smile:

Again, it’s just a draft, if you want me to make it better, send me some comments…Please fill in the blanks on a couple of other jobs. I know you’ve done different things, I just want it to reflect what you want.

I like it very much, I might add your interests Clue, your Dog, your photography, your fishing and so on, I still think I’d mention your vet status, the more things you throw up there(without going overboard) the more things a person might find to identify with, A Fisherman might see himself, a Dog lover etc.

Good points…

I actually have a couple new pictures I can throw on it.

Great idea!!!

You’ve mentioned occasional church attendance, throw that in too, even if it’s bullshit.

“Occasional” is a very good adjective to describe it

having my own transportation will help change my occasional church attendance to a regular thing…

2 Likes

Don’t forget to mention how you lost your leg bravely fighting a deadly fire in the Sierra Nevada while saving the lives of 3 young children :wink:

2 Likes

Ooh, and start that sentence with “Sadly, …”, ladies love that.

1 Like

Actually I was in the Siskiyou Mtns

Were you fighting wildfires? If so, just curious how you ended up in that line of work?

Yes I was.

I was working for the LA Co FD as a Wild Land Firefighter but post Prop 13 they had to cut some crews. Buddy of mine that was the Superintendent of the Wolf Creek IHC based on the Umpqua NF offered me a spot on that crew and I made the move to Oregon in 1979.

1 Like

Apparently, all you have to really do is say you hate homosexuals and the evangelicals will send you money hand over fist.

This is frickin’ annoying!

I have far to many gay friends to be doing that

I was being sarcastic.

Well damn it woman you didn’t use the sarcasm font.

Inorite?

I will fix that. :blush: