WalMart workers fasting for $15

To be honest it is not my forte’ either.

I can only hope 1/2 of the ignorant fucks die of starvation, thereby leaving more turkey and stuffing and gravy and pie for me.

If the workers hooked up with someone they could have a double income and be rich. It’s called free choice. They could also pretend that they are single and get all the free government goodies.

Has just jacking up wages solved the problem anytime in history?

Or, the richer than God, greedy fucks could pay the people who work for them, so that our tax dollars don’t have to support them.

How many Walton Heirs have you put up in your Casa?

1 Like

Actually yes it has

When and where?

Back in the day, here and there.

How about you tell us when and where low salaries made things better for working Americans.

I’m not advocating for low salaries.

Now when and where has simply raising wages ever solved the problem you want fixed?

If only there was some way that you could like yanno ask a question of the internets!

I know. Then you guys could use it to provide the correct answer:

No. It has not.

Bullshit. Yes, it has. Where do you think the prosperity of the post-war era came from? Yes, my dear. That was the result of decent wages. A factory worker could support a family and buy a house.

1 Like

But those wages were not mandated by the government. They came from economic expansion the US enjoyed by the world moving to free trade and the industrial growth possible because our chief competitors were sitting in smoking ruins.

The trick is to answer the question I actually asked.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2015/11/12/3721829/walmart-workers-fast-for-fifteen/

Lookit, I’m all for people getting a raise, but let’s cut the “starving” bullshit. People are starving in Africa. No one in America is starving unless they are too fukking stupid to figure out how to apply for food stamps or find a food pantry.

1 Like

No one can live on the shit wages they pay. It is possible to go hungry in the USofA. Maybe not to the same degree as in Africa, but that doesn’t make it OK.

This is a serious request?

Interesting. I thought you were aware that it rarely, if ever, happens.

So did any of the people starve to death at Walmart? Anybody? One, even? Don’t $15 an hour jobs matter?

Damn… I’m so disappointed…