Veggie Garden 2017

What probably happens is dirt/dust collects on top of it over the year’s time and then weeds start popping up in that the next year.

1 Like

Seedlings are sprouting. Starting out with four 5x Kripple Shock, one Auto Purple and one Auto Cripple. Not sure what I’ll add to the roster. I have.a huge variety to choose from.

1 Like

The late start might be good so they don’t get too overgrown before they go into flower, of course it’s weed, generally the bigger the better. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Out working on this raspberry patch, hotter than fuck out… feel like i had a glass of water poured over me I’m so sweaty. 15 ft row, supposedly enough roots for 20ft but I’m going to throw them in 15… so 15ft row a couple feet wide… I tilled it up first on Monday I think it was and got most of the grass and weeds out, then I’ve been getting even more grass and weeds out over the last few days…

So I just went and raked and picked out more grass and weeds and tilled in a few bags of composted manure, and about half a big bag of peat moss. I’m going to go plant the roots and be done with it for now after I cool off. Then after I think all the canes have came up I’m going to put mulch them with wood chips and I’ll probably put a 3ft or so tall fence around it to keep critters from eating the canes and provide support for the plants.

1 Like

Tomato patch, on the other side of the kale, just getting started but they’ve been growing fast in the heat. I got 20 I think it is tomato plants in this spot and a few more in another.

Here’s a beastly tomato variety… “Belgium Giant.”

2 Likes

I fertilized the corn with a little piss water but other than that I haven’t fertilized anything.

They look gorgeous!

I need to start getting them tied up and get to pruning them or it’s gonna be a mess.

1 Like

It was lovely, imo. I get tired of the relentless heat.

1 Like

first zucchini

Beans and carrots… carrots came up on their own…

Bed of peppers just getting started

A few more tomato plants, some cucumbers, some peppers in containers and more zucchini next to them.

2 Likes

The corn didn’t seem to get very tall before it started making ears, I think I planted it a little late maybe… A couple of the tomato plants are almost as tall as I am… and these Belgium Giants have giant leaves…

2 Likes

Tomato patch is overgrown now, ran out of stuff to tie them up with and they’re just going everywhere. A few are taller than I am. I’ve only gotten a couple ripe smaller and cherry type tomatoes so far… lots of green tomatoes on the vines though…

1 Like

You have 6 weeks yet.

Been planting those lettuce starts, it’s cool out, getting ready to rain supposed to be cool for the next 10 days or so which I hope is enough to get them established. Strange for the middle of August…

1 Like

A friend of mine is going to let me use his old rear tine tiller, this thing’s a beast, the little one’s ok for doing small spots but this one will cover some ground.

1 Like

Your garden is beautiful.

So I was out there tilling up a spot I had tilled up a few weeks ago for a second time… and there’s a little marijuana plant had sprouted up, only had two true leaves… I was going to leave it but I accidentally killed it while leveling the rest of the area out. No idea how it got there, I hide inside and smoke my seedless weed.

Uh huh

Tell it to the judge

Storm came through last night and knocked my biggest cherry tomato plant over… Starting to pick a lot of tomatoes though… would be picking more but something is helping themselves to them and they always take the biggest, ripest ones.

So now I gotta go try to stand this 12ft tomato plant back up on an 8ft stake.

1 Like

Tilling up more space… I plan on having long rows of stuff next year… I’m going to bring this back (to the right of the picture about 20 more feet and I should have 45ft-50ft rows when I’m done.

Going to be taking the green beans and kale out today or tomorrow, a lot of the kale is so big you can’t even pull it out by hand. I might have to dig up the roots.

1 Like