Tourists in Jamaica warned to stay in resorts after shootings lead to state of emergency

Spend yer shiny stones in Murica or Canada

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/01/21/tourists-in-jamaica-warned-to-stay-in-resorts-after-shootings-lead-to-state-emergency.html

This links to a blurb aout Jessica Chastain dissing men. Murican men.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/01/21/tourists-in-jamaica-warned-to-stay-in-resorts-after-shootings-lead-to-state-emergency.html

According to the European Union’s statistics-gathering wing, from 2005 to 2007, Rome had 1.32 homicides per 100,000 people. That makes it a city of fewer murders per capita than some two-thirds of Europe’s other capital cities, from Dublin (2.4 homicides) to Prague (3.25), London (2.25) to Paris (1.49). Other cities with higher murder rates in Europe than Rome include Belfast, Amsterdam, Brussels, Edinburgh, Copenhagen, and Madrid.

And yet, remember: Even in those European cities, you’re still better off than you would be, statistically speaking, in most urban areas back in the States. Of the 70 biggest cities in the U.S., only one has a lower murder rate either than Rome’s or than the average for European capital cities in general. (I’m looking at you, Plano, Texas, with 0.8 homicides per 100,000). While Prague’s 3.25 murders sounds pretty bad for Europe, it’s still doing better than Seattle (4.1), Omaha (9.7), San Francisco (13.6), New York City (6), Anchorage (7.7), Chicago (15.7), or Boston (11) — to name just a few. And then there’s our nation’s capital, whose homicide rate, at 30.8 per 100,000, is almost thirty times higher than Rome’s.

Philadelphia is 17.9 per 100k. So, every major city in Europe is safer. Just sayin.

1 Like

made up numbers in Europe

I bet the numbers are more accurate than the ones we have here. We don’t even keep an accurate count of shooting deaths in Murica.

How is track not kept when ever one makes the paper or news -

Who’s adding them up? Tell me which gov agency does that. I’ll wait.

1 Like

Here ya be - thanks for waiting - you cuda this yer ownself - Miss Stubborn

The GOP (aka, the political arm of the NRA) has blocked the gov from doing pretty much anything research related on gun violence. Because they don’t want anyone finding out that when guns are fired or discharged sometimes people get injured and/or killed. And all too often, it’s not some random felon getting shot, it’s some civilian.

2 Likes

You didn’t read that, did you, Six? The word “gun” is not in that document. Neither is the word “shooting.”

Not to mention, how many people do COPS kill in the US every year without justification?

If more young males with guns got pulled over by more nervous LEO’s this wouldn’t…wait, never mind.