Way back machine!

What were you doing in 1995? Where did you work? Were you married, with kids, deworming orphans in Somalia?

Married, working 70 hours/wk for idiots. Never had kids. Started directing a church handbell choir that I quit last year, along with my piano duties.

I was living in the same town, doing some of the same work (but nowadays put more of my time into a different gig)

Lived in a much nicer house and paid more taxes as a result. Drove nicer cars, too. Attended the same church.

Still had two daughters at home. Five of our 12 grandkids have emanated from those two girls, now in their thirties.

Had 2 dogs then, both long deceased. Have gone through one more, also deceased, and now have a rescue dog who’s getting long in the tooth.

Was not yet using the internet. Had an overbuilt IBM PC running the 386DX chip, only did accounting and word processing on it. Gypsy also used it to produce graduate theses for students since we had a nice laser printer. I remember upgrading the OS from Win 3.1 to 3.11 cuz the card games were better. Wish I still had that comp because I had every freakin TT font there WAS, loaded on it. Also Corel and 3 or 4 different word processors.

In 1998 I would be having a local dude throw together a Win95 computer with a dial-up modem, and my life would change forever…and not necessarily for the better, sorry to say.

2 Likes

1995… I had fun playing the fool…

1995 - had a daughter six, a son four. Worked for an asshole. Still mourning my parents, both of whom had died within two years previously.

Had peace, prosperity, full employment.

Had no clue how badly Bush would fuck it all up, starting just seven years down the road.

Not playing anymore, eh?

Completed the circle, back to being the fool. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Strange you should pick 1995

that is the year my bad luck started and never changed

21 fucking years of bad luck - not a fucking thing going right no matter what I do

WTF did you pick 1995?

It was the year that popped into my head. What happened?

Had moved back to St. Louis after 10 years in Kansas. Working as a Systems Manager for a medium sized upscale bank call Mark Twain. Big fish in a small pond. Making about $60k, which was decent money for a 30 something in the Midwest in the 90’s. Unhappily married with a 6 year old son who despised his mother as much as I did. Drinking a lot and traveling a lot on business.

1995 I was 18 sigh

Year of my first love

My first registered job.

The year I got my 486 DX, since they had finally stabilized the country and electronic imports were finally affordable

Also the year I accessed the Interwebz for the first time

Starting sophomore year of high school. Living in central NJ as I had since birth. Got my first guitar around then but spent more time playing DOOM2.

I was 16 that year and in 10th grade as you Americans call it. I was treated for bulimia that year which involved 10 days in the local psych ward and a whack of counselling. I did get my driver’s license, which was cool. Other than that, I hung out with my bestie getting into trouble with boys.

When I tell kids I saw Brazil win the World Cup in 1994, they look at me like I was some kind of ancient ruin

I laugh at them posting Pokemon memes and saying it makes them feel “melancholic”.

I was in my early-mid twenties, I think it was the year I got my telecaster, was playing clubs out west, up north, and traveling all the time… it was Steve Earle shit all the way…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AINUPFbFpqg