The (not so) new niggers

Deaton and Case write that white working-class disillusionment is driven by slow “growth in real median earnings” and the dismay of finding “they will not be better off than their parents.” But what lurks beneath this deserves even greater historical context, because this is far bigger than a single-generation status change. If you believe, consciously or not, that not just your parents, but every generation of white people before you not only benefited from the systematic disenfranchisement of black folks and other people of color, but that the (painstakingly slow) dismantling of that system will necessarily hinder your own chances for success, you are not likely to support that kind of social change. If you believe you were promised a level of success that, at the very least, is beyond those who are “less American,” or somehow inherently “less than,” you will be angry when you feel that those people, however few they number, are passing you by. If you could derive no pride from class but only from race, believing a place at the bottom of the dominant culture hierarchy is still at the top of any other in this country, when the order of things changes you may place your blame and shame on those who do not deserve it. If you believe these things are your birthright—one passed down over time and deserved by virtue of the longevity of its existence—you’re likely to be resentful about what you perceive as the sudden end of everything you believe you’re entitled to.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/how-delusional-nostalgia-killing-white-working-class?akid=13700.100135._UbrLp&rd=1&src=newsletter1046232&t=2

aka republicans.

2 Likes

That’s also why they oppose $15 an hour. It makes their $16 look shitty.

1 Like

WTF kind of shit is this? I’m too busy worrying about me and mine to give a flying fuck if blacks think they are being held back because of my gains. The system is being torn apart by liberals trying to bring whites down to the level of the average black man. Blacks get just exactly what they deserve from society.

You probably bitch and moan about overpaid Athletes and Performers too doncha?

It’s commendable that you acknowledge yourself as a racist. Some here go to great pains to avoid reality.

PS, fluffy, I rarely ever agree with anything you say, but I think you’re a good dude(for a douchebag), so just a heads up, on this forum making jokes about Republicans is also considered racist.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Yeah, I heard you the first time.

I didn’t post anything to you “the first time”.

But that’s of no consequence to you. Why not serve up another?

As I said, I’m a racist bigot and my viewpoints don’t often mesh with most of you here. I find repubs and dems equally disgusting, equally engaged in lying, cheating, stealing, and kiddie fucking. Those who believe one group is better or more honest or less crooked than the other is naïve in the extreme. I believe that we, as citizens, need to finally clean up the disgusting, pervasive stench of corruption that pervades our Federal, State, and local gummints. We need to punish those who are caught, and catch more of them who are corrupt. We need to hold these people up to public ridicule, throw them in the slammer, and not some country club slammer, and make them pay for representing us so poorly. We citizens need to be much more vigilant, more selective in our choices for gummint. We need to elect people we can trust. How that can be done has been a mystery for many years, but we need to find out.

I find blacks, in particular, to be violent people generally speaking. We would have been much better off leaving the yard apes back in Africa where they could happily kill and eat each other forever.

Mexicans I find generally hard working, but I have huge issues with illegal immigrants. Especially Mexicans, but illegals of any type need to be rounded up and kicked the fuck out of the US of A. They are a drain on our economy, but most importantly to me, they are here illegally.

Muzzies, to my way of thinking, cannot be trusted. The Islamic religion is one of violence and they need to be kept to their own part of the world. I don’t particularly care about the poor muzzies because they are still muzzies and it’s on their own gummint to take care of them, not on us.

Lesbians are still hot as fuck.

1 Like

What a poast, friends!

That’s my point of view as well.

The bigotry, I don’t condone, support or even begin to understand. But at least you own up to it.

LIBS never do. And neither do CONs.