Speaking of Mountain Lions

CALIFORNIA MAN WEARING ONLY UNDERWEAR SAVES DOG FROM MOUNTAIN LION

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/man-runs-house-underwear-save-dog-mountain-lion-video/?utm_content=buffer187fd&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&utm_campaign=Buffer

One question: Why did he let his dog sleep outside in the first place?

^^moral judgment^^

Eh, mountain lions.

They’re just big pussies.

For REAL lions, come to the veldt.

They truly are mindless killing machines, but not always as bad ass as they think they are. This story is from Feb 2019.

But didn’t it turn out that this wasn’t so much of a Lion as it was not much than a good sized kitteh.

Oh, yeah here it is. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/02/28/mountain-lion-killed-colorado-trail-runner-was-kitten-necropsy/3018766002/

Eighty pounds is a large kitteh, mang.

Necropsy estimated maybe 40 pounds after sunday brunch.

So a vulture was boarding a plane, and in his baggage were a dead squirrel, a dead possum, and a dead pigeon. The gate attendant says “Sorry, you’re only allowed two carrion”

1 Like

OIC.

Well, any time you wanna spar with a 40 pound bobcat, we’ve got some around here.

We don’t go hand to hand with them. We prefer (sportingly) to take them with a handgun from at least 20 yards away, and the hi-speed .30 and .32 rounds are for choice since a .357 just makes too much hash. I have a CZ52 in 7.62 Tokarev for this sort of work, and after I scored it when the USSR collapsed I traded off my Ruger sixgun in .32 H&R magnum.

I was a bobcat, then I was a wolf, then I was a we-blow. I quit before I achieved tenderfoot

2 Likes

Oh I know that, my Cattle Dog is (very slightly overweight) 50 lbs. and at times she scares me a little when she puts on the afterburners.

Regardless, an 80 lb kitten knows to go for the throat…

Most of the time these big cats are afraid of humans and just run off from what I’ve read… in California everyone said the worst thing to run into are the wild pigs who will attack.

Got bears up here, I’m gonna get a little pistol for hiking etc. but that will be for the biggest predator of all… man…