Speaking of 4/20

I decided to get some CBD for my sleeplessness. Went to a local shop, but they said I needed a prescription. Even though the MaryJane is tots legal now, there is a backlog in licensing. The shop applied four months ago and is still waiting for the paperwork to be processed. In the meantime, all unlicensed shops must continue to operate as medical marijuana shops.

I have to wait a long time to see my doc, so will have to go to one of those med marijuana mills to get a scrip.

What sort of tomfoolery is afoot with the licensing, I wonder?

Ah ha! I thought something seemed off, heard part of an NPR piece about the weed biz, one of the guys commented that rec sales in CA were off projections by 50% Not having licensed dealers will do that.

Leafly.com is one of the weed databases i use, you can search your zip for legal rec weed plus there is some weed info in there too, strain reviews etc

When you find one click on it and look at their menu, cbd can be under either concentrates or edibles. I know several that swear by a dropper of cbd oil under the tongue every morning.

1 Like

Tanks.

It seems odd, though. The state had AGES to put systems in place. Why is there a backlog of – according to the woman at the shop – at least six months in processing paperwork for shops already in existence? I think they’re pulling some funny stuff.

I would rec getting your card and growing your 6 plants if you have any private outdoor space at all. It’s easy enough to process it down into some oil like Ape is talking about.