Shit, just found my dream home

in the little quiet town I used to live in… $11k… that’s right, less than a a lot of used cars… yeah it needs some love and I’m sure probably has some issues but hey… holy shit…

Monthly Est. Mortgage $51
Monthly Est. Insurance $4
Monthly Property Tax $11

1 Like

The price is definitely right, slim - If you don’t mind sharing it with the ghosts and goblins.

I’m wondering if it’s one of those toxic meth houses.

You could probably just buy 3 or 4 acres and put your own fresh dwelling on it. Steer away from Indian burial grounds though.

That would be nice but too buku, I’d rather live on the skeletons of deindustrialization.

3 Likes

I don’t know - there’s a lot of cheap creative ways to go. Land is maybe 2500/acre and a shipping container maybe 5K etc, or a delux Yurt - 10K with solar - 5K. You’re young. Take a loan.

1 Like

What about water?

What about it?

town water and sewer, I’m guessing right away this place would need insulated and possibly repairs on the roof etc, rewired, new meter etc… furnace and central air installed.

It’s probably in total state of disrepair

Or one of those tiny homes

I wonder how much a tiny house would cost, DIY? I am talking 8’ by 12’.

3 pieces for the front, 3 for the back, a porch with roof, 24 sheets for the plywood plus floor. That would be $196 plus floor. I am guessing $2,500 0r $3,500, depending on whether it would be insulated or not.

So where do you put your 80 inch projector big screen at?

What happens when the dude takes a huge dump though?

The sink has a big drain fer sich

A well is maybe 10K.

Looked it up on Google maps… I might have to call my old banker today and see if I can grab this house… Sent a friend by there to have a look… he said…

House looks good. Quiet, dark block. One neighbor across the st. One at the end of the block. Pretty private over all. Big garage. Huge lot.

1 Like

Awesome bro. I’d give it some serious consideration. That would be an excellent location for some guerrilla type gardening and regardless… few neighbors = utopia.

1 Like

So I was looking at it on the map more, the area that the house and garage take up is about 1/4 the lot, lots of space to grow veggies.

I’m calling the bank today to see how much I need down to get the loan and maybe setup an appointment to go check it out.

1 Like

Does it include the Christmas tree lights?

Looks good. Anything in a drive able distance?

Didn’t In Cold Blood play out in a rural home like that?:grin:

Check out the water. The area have any serious hazards?