Ruth Bader Ginsberg, The Little Giant

Right, I’ve several FB friends (female) in Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, Alsace, Bengali, even Malaysia, and they are all in loving mourning now.

2 Likes

Though I didn’t start this thread, I’d like you gentlemen to respectfully take the disagreements elsewhere.

Let’s show respect for the littlest Giant, please.

She was quite the beauty.

1 Like

3 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6e_rGWbFqs

1 Like

just somebody I don’t know

Marianne Williamson (FB) post

As of this day, Ruth Bader Ginsburg is no longer an old woman. And I have mixed feelings about her death. On one hand I love John Irving’s words, “Give her back, God! Give her back!” I join with others in despair at what Mitch McConnell might do now - and who are we kidding, what he most assuredly will do. But on the other hand, it’s just too much of a sign that she died literally hours before the setting sun that ushers in Rosh Hashanah. According to the tenets of Judaism, the most righteous souls die at such an hour. And she was such a righteous soul. Several years ago I was with a group on a tour bus in Jerusalem; we stopped at a red light and right below me walking on the sidewalk was RBG! I was so startled I couldn’t believe it. I’ve always wished I had said “Let me out of the bus!” so that I could go introduce myself, but I remember thinking at the time that I didn’t know where I would go if the bus went on without me. Pretty dumb, of course. But it happened so quickly. She was walking with three men who looked like bodyguards, and I learned later in the day she was there to receive an award. I always thought it amazing that the one place I saw her was in the Holy Land. So as sorry as I am that she’s gone, for all the obvious reasons, I think there’s a way that all of us need to be glad for her …to grow up now and do the work ourselves. I’ve said for years that our generation had a prolonged post adolescence…that we had failed to fully mature. God knows we’re dealing with the consequences of all that now. But you can’t say that about people like RBG. She was mature in every possible way. And now we have to take it from here. It is our turn to show up, to be mature, to serve our country. She was so in love with her husband and they get to be together now. It’s almost greedy of us to ask for even one more day of her than we were given. We know what we need to do and we need to do it. If anyone deserves a rest, it is she. She will continue her journey in eternity; let’s up our game in our journey here. Dear God, please bless this precious soul. We thank you for the time we had her in our midst. May we be better people for having known her as we did. Amen

2 Likes

1 Like

I was trolling a bit.:grin: I actually don.t have strong feelings about her, either positive or negative. I agreed with her some of the time, other times I didn’t.

By the way, if she had quit during the Obama administration she would have been replaced by Obama. I guess she was just clinging to power.

Fuck Mitt Romney.

That is all.

1 Like

They wouldn’t have placed anyone Obama put further. Remember Garland.

As to what you see about her, it’s probably not much.

She helped to create modern America with helping women gain independence in financial, legal and workplace protections.

She was a giant. I’m sorry you can’t see it. You’re missing a lot about her.

2 Likes

I would probably agree with her about most women’s rights issue. I was turned off from paying much attention to her, however, when she sided with Big Business against an individual when it came to an eminent domain issue. Sometimes it is necessary for public works but not for business. I stand for the little guy.

2 Likes

lol… what a bunch of horse shit

If you had an ounce of empathy, you might consider how psychotic your side would be if the tables were turned, now you can gtfo with your BS.

my bs?

puhleeeze. you lefties hold everyone on a pedestal as if it will make a difference anywhere. in 100 years, nobody will give a flying fuk about her

Right on target.

Did you see RBG? If so, was it good?