Remember that family that took the little girl to the gun range to shoot an Uzi?

Not to be total douche to a dead guy, but why would the instructor show a 9 year old how to use a gun way beyond her abilities? Should he not have known how said gun would react in the child’s hands?

Also, why is anyone outside of military allowed to shoot a fully automatic weapon at all?

Also, why is anyone outside of military allowed to shoot a fully automatic weapon at all?

Freedom! (Just don’t bring up, Tanks, Flame Throwers Hand grenades,Stinger missiles, LAWS Rockets, Artillery, Nukes, etc, cuz it’s too confusing)

Fully auto weapons are legal if you have the right permits

I would never have one because every time you pull the trigger it cost a nice dinner out

Except a full auto M-14 which are almost impossible to get - I would love to have one of those

I should have buried a couple in the field at wonderful Fort Carson - but who knew

One of the coolest guns I ever shot (and I can’t remember the name or brand, other than it was German made) was this barrel fed Auto Shotgun, with selective fire, I got to shoot one 3 round burst. Friend of a friend had one one day at Friends place way the fuck out in the sticks. The guy did fire on full auto about 10 or so rounds, that was years ago, he even loaded his own slugs, but it was still very expensive to have much fun with.

Citizens are seriously allowed to own fully automatic weapons in the US?

It’s almost impossible to get one, and it takes deep pockets and much scrutiny to have one. Very expensive licensing etc and as far as that guy I met with the auto shotgun, I kinda doubt he went through legit channels to get his. Just sayin’

So how does a nine year old get to use an automatic weapon?

Lunatic parents and gun ranges.

I mean this with the greatest amount of respect…

Your country is FUCKED UP.

Oui.

1 Like

Her parents took her to a range that has legal auto weapons -

I would never take a kid - her parents were obviously insane as well as the instructor as well as the range - I would not let an 9 year old near the range

In Life Below Zero Agnes gave her 11 year old an AK for her birthday, however these kids know how to handle any weapon as it is a subsistence lifestyle

Life Below Zero?

TV Show - most excellent

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/life-below-zero/

My son was 8 or 9 the fist time I took him out to the woods to do some shooting. He wasn’t interested and said he didn’t like guns. I was pretty upset, but let it go. 20 years later he is a gun owner and that’s all he wants to talk about. I guess 9 really is a bit young unless you grow up in the sticks like I did and had to learn to hunt.

IIRC that’s the M14E2. Got to fire one once. Had a bipod and a pistol grip stock. Have seen aftermarket stocks that were articulated (folding shoulder stock.)

I gotta say, the M60 was a lot sweeter and more controllable to shoot. The E2 would beat you to death and then get away from you. 7.62 x 51 is just too much round to manage without a buffer. I’d call it a FAIL compared to the B.A.R. which was epic.

I think I was about 8 or 9 the first time my Dad took me out to shoot, I wasn’t too much into it, until he took me out to the old quarry way out in the sticks by Amer’s house, the first few times we went there it was covered in big old frogs all just floating around in the water you hit one and they’d flinch or something and flip about 15 or 20 feet in the air, that was cool! the word must have got out, or my expert Marksmanship kilt them all, after a while there weren’t no frogs no more.

Hey how about some Frogman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97IBY8cQ5fs

Firing ranges are generally full of cops.

Funny you should say that, my cousin the retired Cop posts pics on FB of him taking his Daughters to the range once in a while. And there’s usuall one or two other guys in the pics, that I’m guessing are cop friends.

1 Like

I want me a Javelin.

Just the thing for dealing with motherfucking semi’s that won’t get out of the fucking passing lane.

1 Like

Someone should take away their cell phones while you’re at it.