Record-Breaking Canadian Sniper Kills ISIS Fighter With Two-Mile Shot

https://www.yahoo.com/news/record-breaking-canadian-sniper-kills-074923736.html

admin, fix this shit!

Y’all must be really impressed with our shootin’ skills.

No matter how you slice it, a grunt hitting a target at over 2 miles, is some damn fine shooting mixed in with a bit of luck.

1 Like

I’m afraid I’m going to have to take your word.

Typically a soldier hitting something at 1000 yards or meters more often than not, is considered to be a bad azz, this guys did 3 and half times that.

I don’t understand how someone would even try this shot. The odds are great that he would miss, and missing at that distance pretty much means you have no idea wtf it’s going to hit.

I don’t think there were any playgrounds close

anyway he would have been off more then 10 feet anyway

1 Like

HE took the shot from a high rise. I’m guessing there was lots o’ stuff in between the high rise and the target.

Yeah, bullet ridden blown up buildings

do you really think a sniper puts other then the target at risk

fucking Delta Force invented special bullets for killing bad guys hiding among children so no else would get hurt

So yer sayin there is never any collateral damage when snipers are at work?

Only in computer games

I never saw LeRoy Jethro Gibbs miss a shot…

There’s always risk of collateral damage, but snipers do very little if any, thats arterial and aerial bombing that racks up most of those numbers.

1 Like

Wouldn’t a two-mile shot increase the risk, though? It seems totally insane, but I realize I know very little about this stuff.

Sure the further shot the more the variables factor in.

Rotation of the earth, humidity, and much more things come in factor. I’m sure this guy has practiced similar shots before.

Great shot, Canuck. :wink:

1 Like

Anywho, I hope it really was an ISIL fighter and not a US-paid mercenary of some sort or other.

I’m just wondering if the Canadian apologies and went to Timmy’s after?

Gotta get that double double.

Technically speaking, I was intrigued by the story in the OP which says that of the five longest-range snipings, three were done by Canadians. I had to look into this, and I’ll offer my thoughts.

I just spent an hour researching heavy sniper weapons, since a couple of decades have passed since I last did so. Sniper weaponry is a damn GROWTH industry around the world, it appears.

Mostly the difference between US and Canadian sniping is in the equipment, not the training. And mostly the difference in equipment is about military procurement practices.

Canadians are interested in technology and results. The Pentagon is interested in tradition and “good old boy network” bullshit.

However, while the McMillan TAC-50, built for Canada in the US, is in fact the standard Canadian heavy sniper rifle and is credited in the article for this impressive record-setting kill, neither of the rifles in the photo are TAC-50s. They both appear to be some sort of semi-auto squad sniper weapons from PDW of Canada, probably in the smaller but very good .338 Lapua magnum.