Real Mexican food

There’s a place here called amigos that does $3 shots, beers, and taccos. They also do 30 wings for $15.

I usually drink before I eat so I can’t tell you if the food is good or the drugs and alcohol are good. Either way it’s a good night though.

1 Like

5 Likes

What’s the one on the left?

pollo…

Had carne asada fajitas from El Roy’s in Petaluma last night, great…

1 Like

Looks like you’re really getting authentic Mexican food now.

Maybe you can come down and have a meal sometime in San Jose. There’s a new place called La Luna in San Jose. Well, new to me, 2 years old. Just ate there Saturday.

Amazing, they’re doing so well they’re opening up another in a shopping center called the Pruneyard soon.

You gotta try it Wabbit.

1 Like

Hmm, looks like they’re opening a 2nd at the Pruneyard soon. I assume the old El Burro space.

I’m assuming so. I felt that El Burro was sub-par myself.

This place is excellent. Not cheap, but not outrageous for Bay Area costs of running a business either.

I was telling my roommate we should go to San Jose and have lunch or dinner with you someday.

On the way to the weed store in Santa Rosa I drive through the barrio there and I always see a crowd at this truck, gonna have to try it someday…

2 Likes

I go deep in the barrio for the best Mexican food.

2 Likes

Dinner last night, a couple blocks from our new house. Great food.

3 Likes

What are in those tortillas?

hummm :rofl:

2 Likes

Is there like an employee discount on the food?

It was the best quesadilla ever.

I don’t know what your food preferences are lately but i love to fill some large flour tortillas with a hot dog(chicken, beef, whatever) and toppings such as mustard, sauerkraut,cheese, beans etc. and then bake in a oven till browned on both sides. Delicious.

I did a fusion last week on a whim, very off the cuff. Flour tortilla, deli sliced corned beef, crunchy kraut with most of the brine drained, Swiss Jarlsberg cheese, Russian dressing with a shot of lemon juice. Folded up nicely and toasted in a skillet.

1 Like

Making a rueben in a tortilla is fusion? I would think you’d need more than just a single ingredient swap for that. Mix the flavors!

Point taken, and I’d have liked to have some green salsa or a mole in place of the Russian dressing.

1 Like

I freaking love mole

:sob: