Police spying - need moar guns - off Bloomberg

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-baltimore-secret-surveillance/

So does this mean I’d have to wear pants if I ever drove in Baltimore?

Big Brother Baltimore

They will be able to hunt down folks sell an 1/4 ounce and take their cars and sich - god forbid they find someone selling one tax free cigarette

I don’t think cops should have military hardware - I fucking really don’t

1 Like

It’s a double edged sword, if one kidnapped child is rescued due to surveillance cameras, what would you think?

1 Like

Yep, it’s all in the application and also what the courts do and don’t allow as evidence.

I saw demos of this guy’s and a few competitors technology at a security trade show. The resolution is pretty bad… far… far behind that of stationary cameras or Google Earth. People are basically one or 2 pixels and appear as grainy dots. Vehicles aren’t much better. It’s no wonder only one city has expressed an interest. Even if the tech improves greatly, I just don’t see it ever being used to bust someone selling an ounce of weed or illegal cigarettes. For one, the cost of having staff to analyze footage for such petty shit would be astronomical… and if a prosecutor tried to use it to get a conviction the courts would throw it out. I could see it one day maybe being used one day to find a kidnapped or lost child as comeatmebro mentioned, or may to solve a homicide or find a serial killer.

What did I just tell ya?

CCleaner has saved your bacon more than once?

So many private businesses these days have cameras on the streets and sidewalks, why does a city need to bother?

Here in Canada, cameras would not fly. It would be considered an unjustified invasion of our privacy.

Here there are license plate readers everywhere and I mean everywhere - they track your every move in a car

We don’t even have photo radar. We do have traffic red light cams and toll cams.

I bought a Go Pro a few days ago but haven’t even taken it out of the box yet. I really just got it to document my grow because it’s difficult shooting video using this Samsung Galaxy. Mutherfukker won’t shoot in landscape properly and it’s a hassle setting up an effective mounting. I can wear this Go Pro as a helmet or body cam. I’ll probably also use it just fukking around shooting some of the crazy assed shit that goes on in LA. I might even make some secret sex videos.

2 Likes

Just be careful, your neighbors might not like you filming them.

1 Like

If you post them, please limit them to the new Fappy thread.

1 Like

Yer losing it again - Canada is full of license plate readers

they will tell you last time you went to the shoppers

The Role of Automatic License Plate Recognition Technology in Policing: Results from the Lower Mainland of British Columbia

LMAO

http://www.policechiefmagazine.org/magazine/index.cfm?fuseaction=display&article_id=1671

I’m losing it? We don’t have photo radar. We do have traffic light and toll cams. What did I say here that was incorrect?

I figured border crossing plate running was a given.

Car theft is HUGE in the Lowermainland so this doesn’t surprise me in the least that we have cop cars that can run plates. Thanks for sharing that with me.

Car theft is huge in Portland too, and one of the things Cops do when cruising around is run plate numbers, just to see what’s up.

It’s not fer stolen cars Dearie - they use that as an excuse - they are spying on yer ass - just face facts - you think Canada is diff from Murica in that respect - Please!

Oh no! Cops are spying on our license plates! I can’t stand when they run plates to find stolen vehicles. They are such privacy invading bastards!

We need more guns to keep em in check, eh Dukey?

1 Like

That’s it, Ima duct tape over my plates!