Poison Ivy

I make a practice of always wearing long pants when hiking, or coming and going from fishing, but last w/e I left the water and walked back to my car in shorts. Sure enough I got the reminder I needed for why I don’t where shorts. Got raked by a thorn bush which must have had poison ivy associated with it and have a bad dose from the top of my knee to mid calf on the outside. I tried Neosporin for one day and it got markedly worse, so I’m alternating Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda paste. Tomorrow will tell.

Anyone here have a good remedy that works for them?
Can it spread to your dick?

I’m immune to that shit, I don’t wear shorts much though because bugs will eat the fuck out of me… I think it can spread everywhere, my brother had it in his eyes once, he gets it bad.

I got my Poison Ivy right here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Heygg3esSg

I usually just get a little spot and away it goes - not this time though. I think the baking soda will draw out the oil and dry it out.
I wish I was immune.

It shouldn’t spread beyond the initial point of contact. There can be a delayed reaction which is why it seems like it spreads. If it does hit your genitals, you need to see a doctor ASAP.

It spreads like fucking wildfire on me

this fixes it - ya need a script

I had it from my tits to my nuts once

it’s cheap

try clorox if ya get desperate - it works

yer such a natural home cure fella - look up jewelweed - natures ivy cure

I had it so fucking bad once that i would have taken any drug even if the side effects could possibly dissolve all yer internal organs

1 Like

That’s initial exposure to the oil. Once the oil sets in, it doesn’t spread.

It doesn’t “spread” BUT some ppl who’ve become sensitized can have a generalized systemic histamine reaction and it can bust out all over them. Heck, some can get sensitized to the point where they will break out over common English ivy.

So if you bust out into a rash beyond the contact point, you’re having an allergic reaction because poison ivy rashes typically don’t spread.

Type IV hypersensitivity, allergic contact dermatitis… look 'em up on Wikipedia.

Man - I just viewed some google images of poison, ivy ,oak and sumac rash, and I’d have to say that although I have it in several areas and the thigh to calf area is extensive, it is what by comparison is mild. I’m going to keep up with the ACV and Baking Soda treatments. I’d read about the Jewel weed and bleach, I don’t have the Jewel Weed and I wouldn’t want to loose my tan by bleaching. I think I’m getting results with these methods and the thorn abrasion is healing also.
Thank you all very much for your concern - especially you fundis who had been wishing me to hell.

Jewel weed should be all over where you live - sez where you find ivy you find jewelweed

Jewelweed is best known for its skin healing properties. The leaves and the juice from the
    stem of Jewelweed are used by herbalists as a treatment for poison ivy, oak and other plant
    induced rashes, as well as many other types of dermatitis. Jewelweed works by
    counter-reacting with the chemicals in other plants that cause irritation. Poultices and
    salves from Jewelweed are a folk remedy for bruises, burns, cuts, eczema, insect bites,
    sores, sprains, warts, and ringworm. Read on to learn to make your own poison ivy
    treatment ice cubes with Jewelweed. 
    Jewelweed is a smooth annual; 3-5 ft. Leaves oval, round- toothed; lower ones opposite,
    upper ones alternate. A bit trumpet shaped, the flowers hang from the plant much as a jewel
    from a necklace, Pale Jewelweed has yellow flowers, Spotted Touch-Me-Nots have orange
    flowers with dark red dots. The seeds will 'pop' when touched , that is where the
    name Touch-Me-Nots came from. The Spotted Jewelweed variety is most commonly used for
    treating poison ivy rashes although the Pale Jewelweed may also have medicinal
    properties .
      Jewelweed blooms May through October in the eastern part of North America from
    Southern Canada to the northern part of Florida. It is found most often in moist woods,
    usually near poison ivy or stinging nettle. It is commonly said that wherever you find
    poison ivy, you will find Jewelweed - however this is not true as Jewelweed will not grow
    in dry places for long, and does not thrive in direct sunlight. Poison Ivy will grow in sun
    or shade.
1 Like

We’ll check back with ya in a few days :sunglasses:

That shit cures any skin condition. I use it for everything.

How do you get it - as a tincture, paste, cream?

Prescription. It comes in ointment, tincture, salve, cream, fluid.

Here in Brazil we fear the infamous nettle

Depending on the weather and time of the year, touching one can give you the worst itching and a lot of rashes

On sensitive people, it can get VERY bad. It might become infected and full of boils.

I have had some bad accidents with them, including falling on a bunch of them

But there are stories of people wiping their butts with it, since it has an attractive silk, soft appearance.

1 Like

I think I may have brushed some of that last year - I had a stinging on the spot for over 24 hrs like similar to fiberglass getting into skin.

PS: The smart hiker/camper always carries an adequate supply of paper products. Don’t leave home without it.

LOL taking a dump in the woods is ok, too bad not everybody will bury their feces

There’s a produce fair next to my house, it happens every Saturday morning

Right there in the woods is the entrance to the very first construction in the city, the “Soft Rock” train station

It’s nice place in the woods, right next to the rivers

Great place to hang out and smoke a jay

But the people who worked on the tents used to go to the bathroom there, right in the path

Fucking nasty. Couple years ago we forced the city hall to put port-a-potties there when the fair was happening

This is the point, I know some of this guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHN1jc1xE3k

Som dudes riding the trail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlQe2t9PY5A

Man I got some in some garden soil or something, it’s a mother fucker when you go to pull a weed and get a hand full of nettle… that shit burns like a mother, all day…