Person In A Pant Suit

My fondness for @RooseBolton and @Laguardia impels me to repost this.

Hillary Clinton’s husband wore a fetching pantsuit to honor her nomination for US president
https://qzprod.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/ap_16209087792723.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=1600

1 Like

I don’t really get it. It looks like a regular suit to me.

PHILADELPHIA—Delivering a historic and uplifting speech to the Democratic National Convention Thursday night, presidential nominee Hillary Clinton told the American electorate that when she was a little girl, most special interest groups would never even consider donating enormous sums of money to a woman. “It’s hard to fathom now, but back when I was growing up in the 1950s, Wall Street banks, major law firms, and every other special interest out there wouldn’t let a woman through the door, let alone funnel inordinate sums of money into her campaign as a means to advance their agendas,” said Clinton, adding that she personally had to work twice as hard as her male colleagues for decades just to be deemed qualified as a viable political conduit for hundreds of millions of dollars controlled by wealthy corporations and narrowly focused institutions. “In those days, it never even occurred to lobbyists that a woman was capable of accepting a gigantic check from a powerful entity in exchange for favorable policies several months later. My, how times have changed. We sure proved them wrong, didn’t we?” Clinton then assured the cheering crowd at the Wells Fargo Center that while she might be the first female presidential nominee of a major political party beholden to well-heeled influence peddlers, she would certainly not be the last.

1 Like

You know, for being such an ugly kid, Chelsea Clinton didn’t turn out half bad looking. I’d probably do her sober.

Now, Amy Carter… well… not so much.

Comon Roose - are you still asleep - that’s funny

It’s a pants suit

What about the Nixon girls or the Bush girls? Caroline Kennedy?

So what’s the big deal…he always dresses that way…

I found it mildly amusing - it should not have been but it was

Yeah but he rarely makes that gesture, and when he does the suit jacket flares at the hip and resembles the way the jacket of a pantsuit is tailored.

I think the photo itself, and the ill-tailored jacket, is what gave rise to the joke.

The story in Quartz doesn’t have any recognizable LaGuardia cadences, but perhaps the writer of it may have been influenced by him all the same, years ago.

1 Like