Open-air urinals in S.F. park 'disgusting,' critics say

Passengers exiting a San Francisco MUNI streetcar walk past an outdoor urinal across from Dolores Park in San Francisco.

1 Like

WTH, No glory holes? That’s messed up!

1 Like

WTH…the whole back side is a gloryhole.

Take them down, I hear if you really need to go under the escalators at the Bart station is a good place.

1 Like

San Francisco Recreation & Parks Department spokeswoman Sarah Madland said Thursday that the urinal cost $15,000 to install…

holy shit that’s an expensive piece of concrete a few fence posts and a drain.

Everything costs too fucking much in SFO.

That’s nothing like the famous piss caverns of New York City.

1 Like

Nobody wants to see that.

1 Like

SF can really stink sometimes…I haven’t been there in a bit.

You won’t be able to help noticing Libs in the restroom now.

They should do what they do in Paris. These can’t be too expensive.

I think those are similar to what they’ve started putting in around Portland

2 Likes

I think Billdo’s pic might be in Amsterdam. Note the yellow tubing whereby they harvest the urine for use as fertilizer for rooftop gardens. Apparently the company that makes those 4X urinals also offers a door that covers from elbow to knee…maybe for finicky Amerikans.

That’s sexist!

1 Like

What’s wrong with just using trees?

3 Likes

They cut down all the trees and put them in a tree museum, and charge the people $10.00 just to see 'um

1 Like

or the side of a car?

2 Likes

This is from my old photo albums somewhere in Northern Japan… maybe Misawa is the name of it? In the park in the town square type area they had some outdoor urinals, the guy pissing is our bass player, I totally forget who the guy and the chick are but they look like they were drinking with us. lol

2 Likes

I have an open-air urinal. It’s called “off the edge of the patio”.

2 Likes