One child separation case was a fake

I didn’t even vote for him though?

Are you asking me?

Wasnt this going on even before Obama?

We’ve been sending people back for decades, especially the last 20 years at an accelerating rate, that is why illegal border crossings are at 50 year lows(Most get a visa, then fly or drive in, and then just stay), because of measures already in play and the changing socio-political scene in Mexico, ie more jobs. Like those 800 Carrier Jobs that Trump saved, but ended up going south anyway.

BUT we have not been “criminalizing” them, like Trump is doing, just rounding them up giving them a quick look over and adios you’re going home wham bam thank you man,. Now we’re making ready to begin “detaining” 10’s of thousands of these people, google “Navy planning for 20-25,000 detainees” with the intention of trying them in court as criminals and then what jailing them for some period of time? Seriously? The number one dog whistle has been that these illegals are consuming mass quantities of social assistance money, so instead of letting them go to school and get some basic emergency medical care, we’re going to shift that money(that doesn’t really exist) over to the penal industry, yeah that makes sense, is that how you create jobs, by warehousing people?

Crossing the border illegally is exactly the same class of misdemeanor as using the flag to advertise.

Yes, MISDEMEANOR.

2 Likes

You forgot about the rest of the clause.

For the first improper entry offense, the person can be fined (as a criminal or civil penalty), or imprisoned for up to six months, or both. This is considered a misdemeanor under federal law (18 U.S.C.A. § 3559).

For a subsequent offense, or a reentry (or attempted reentry) after exclusion or deportation, the person can be fined or imprisoned for up to two years, or both. (See 8 U.S.C. Section 1325, 1326, I.N.A. Section 275, 276.) This is considered a low-level FELONY under federal law (18 U.S.C.A. § 3559).

Perhaps @Wabbit needs to study up

http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/crime-enter-illegally.html

Not sure what you think I got wrong.

2 Likes

So instead of giving them free education, medical, dental and welfare checks(As Trumptards are wont to believe), we’re now going to give them free medical, dental and welfare checks? Sounds like _a_plan.

It can be a felony.

Borders are a crime against nature

You’re arguing a point I haven’t made, again,

Must be the rock paint fumes

Jesus Christ I wonder why I hang around with idiots, repeat after me
“Crossing the border can be a felony”

All of your sources indicated that it can also be a misdemeanor, which is what I said. Hanging around with idiots clearly makes you unaccustomed to logic and thought, as evidenced when you come here.

That should be.

Jesus Christ, I wonder why I hang around with idiots, repeat after me,

So you agree that crossing the border illegally can result in a felony?