Ok, just got done watching “Hunger Games”

Which made me wonder, what’s the earliest dystopian future movie? Was there one before “Things to Come”?

Second question: which such movie is the best, and why?

There’s a 20’s film Metropolis.

As to best:

So many choices, so many different reasons.

Terminator
Blade Runner
Soylent Green
Planet of the Apes
The Matrix
Etc etc

I would add Enders Game and Minority Report but the books were WAY better

1 Like

There’s the classic, Trump 2016

1 Like

Not enjoying that production

2 Likes

But it’s real as all hell.

1 Like

Sure doesn’t ring that way for me at times…

You just don’t want to believe it…I understand.

The tRump pResidency is like the Matrix, but as if no one has actually woken up to reality.

2 Likes

I confess to have ruined The Lion’s thread. I am sorry.

Hopefully, we can get back to dystopian films.

I think Terminator has to be my favorite.

1 Like

Mine was the Matrix, I know, shoulda stopped at one, but I am into the science geekery.

1 Like

Why oh why didn’t I take the blue pill.

I just re-watched the opening scene, and it reminded me of all my homo-erotic fantasies about humiliating some macho man in public.(Maybe I’m thinking of T2?)

1 Like

That might be T2.

Blackbird sucked as a dystopian film. Way overhyped.

Yer rite, T2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ45RU2Xty0

Back to the OP example, I thought HG was a well thought piece of teen fiction, but I appreciated the fact that all the former tributes (in the sequels obvy) were horribly scarred. Kept to the books pretty well.

Classic and true

I’d like to share a revelation that I’ve had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you’re not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You’re a plague and we are the cure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OouTay_7_hw