OK, Comeatmebro

You OK?

Just checkin’. Didn’t see you today.

And DM, I hope you’re hanging in there.

4 Likes

I’m still here. There are going to be good and bad days and today was a particularly bad one. Inability to swallow even liquids without intense pain in my esophagus… and when I can get it down it mostly comes back up. I want to just sleep through it, but can only sleep sitting up or will choke endlessly on reflux. I am going to request the feeding tube when I meet with my oncologist Monday. I just wish they would start the fukking chemo or tell me it’s over and give me something to ease things. Monday, I guess.

Today was my wife’s birthday. I tried to wrap the 4 or 5 Small gifts I had bought her before all this bullshit started. I got one done and just set the rest on the table. I just fukking hate this.

4 Likes

Shit. I am so sorry. I’m still praying for you.

Tell your wife happy birthday.

1 Like

Oh hello! I’m fine, just a bit preoccupied at the moment.

1 Like

DM, last seen two days ago.

God dammit, you hacked me, din’t you?

1 Like

You are eFUKT dude.

Yeah. Seriously.

1 Like

He’s a good dude, we’re all pulling for him. Good to see ya Hanson.

2 Likes

Wow - looks like my lobbying opened the doors. Hope theDawg is back soon.
Hi Jeffie.

@D_M last seen four days ago. I hope he’s getting treatment that is wiping him out, but ultimately helping him.

Prayers.

2 Likes

Pop in and say hey @D_M, when you’re up to it.

1 Like

I’m still here… and thank you all for the prayers and kind words. I don’t know how much I’ll be checking in anymore until and unless things get any better. The past week has been pretty much hell physically, mentally and emotionally and I just don’t have the desire to even get on a computer. I really don’t understand how this came on so fast and furious. Anyway, I’m stage 3 for now pending results of the PET scan it just had a few hours ago to see if it’s spread to other organs and lymph nodes. That will of course determine a lot of things regarding treatment options or whatever. I signed some papers today giving my wife power of attorney in the event I can no longer make rational decisions. After this last week I know it’s important as I had real problems even talking to doctors and making appointments.

My oncologist gave me a script for morphine today. That helped a lot and is the only way I was able to come here now. Much better than forcing down gobs of Naproxen and hydrocodeine, which I mostly puke back up. Still begging for a feeding tube but they seem to want to wait . Maybe the morphine will allow me to get some stuff down.

I’ll try to check back in sometime. I don’t want leave your hanging if things go south too quickly. Man, I love guys… I really do.

Nick

8 Likes

Sending all the good vibrations your way I can my friend.

Praying like crazy for you, Nick. Hang in there! :kiss:

1 Like

:cry: Hoping my best hopes for you, friend.

1 Like

All the best to you Nick. Stay strong!

2 Likes