NHL playoffs 2016

Thanks man. Finally on to the 2nd round.

Whooooo! Let’s enjoy this! And like I said a few posts back, the hawks have NO LEGS at this point. Watch Seabrook, normally he’d win the puck coming into the zone or tie up the puck on the wall. He can’t get there. Then he stands around like a fucking pylon on the goal. The Blackhawks lived and ultimately died on the hill of Seabrook/Keith pairing for 30+ minutes a night over the last 8 playoffs.
https://youtu.be/-99Iguexqh0

Why did the Wings run last longer than Chicago’s? The WIngs first had Coffey with Lidstrom, them Konstantinov, then Fetisov, then Larry Murphy then Chelios, then Kronwall, they always had a third good option whereas the Hawks never wanted to go beyond their top pairing. Lidstrom helped recover the skills of hall of famers for a couple seasons and younger guys and vets could form a good second and third pairing.

1 Like

Brouwer could have got on his knees and blew the puck into the net. Not a Hawk in sight. No recovery at all.

The Blues can take the Stars. Not saying they will, but I think Chicago was actually a bigger challenge. The key for the Blues is physicality. They have to beat Dallas up, especially on the boards.

I like the Sharks to get past either the Preds or Quacks.

Boy if Nashville wins game seven, and I predicted they might, the Wild West is open for business

7 games is good for me either way, get 'em nice and tired for my Sharks

I don’t understand why Thornton is wearing the C. I just noticed the A on his jersey. When the hell did that happen? There’s not a team in hockey who’s success depends more on one player.

Yep, Hawks looked tired, especially after game 3. They made it a 7-game series on sheer nerve, but sooner or later the young fresh legs win.

I think they took the C off of him as a message to try to earn it back in leadership. I woulda given it to Logan Couture, myself. But it’s on Pavelski, who HAS been a leader, so there’s no great answer but a number of good ones. I still like Paddy Marleau for the C, myself. Even having lost a step he’s a leader and puts up energy. Plus he’s gonna likely be a Shark from rookie to retirement, which is not entirely up to a player, but still.

What is the significance of this “C” y’all be talkin’ bout? Is that for “Team Captain” or something like that?

So are you trying to say…

OR…

Yeah, Captain.

Is it just an “honorific” or does the C give you extra privileges, like for slugging ref’s and that kind of thing?

You get to boss around the other players and get dibs on banging the hockey groupies.

1 Like

Seems for the 4th year IN A ROW, the Ducks blow a 3-2 game lead and lose #7 at home. I think they will give the Sharks a run for their chokenado reputation.

First time I’ve seen Dallas play this year. Those guys are fast… REAL fast. I still think the Blues can take them, but they are going to need to get a lot more physical. You can’t give a team almost 50 SOG and expect to win. The Blues will also need to up their transition game or Dallas is going to be getting a lot of 2 on 1 and 3 on 2 opportunities.

Watching the Sharks Preds now. Should be a blood bath.

BIG win in Dallas today. Looked great, then grim, then in the end a statement win. Also, I was on my couch yelling for that penalty to be called. If a pick like that is going to give a scoring chance and in this case to win the game in 95% of cases it’ll be called. GOOD call be the referee.

1 Like

Yeah, was looking grim there for awhile. They ramped up the physical play in this game… out hit Dallas 2 to 1. That’s the key. Gotta slow those guys down.

Sharks looking good. Jones is playing out of his head.

Game 4 going to OT in St Louie.

BOOT. THROAT!!!

This now applies to both the Sharks and Blues. The great CBC Hockey Night in Canada analyst Harry Neale (Who coached the Canucks to a Cup Final vs the Islanders) said you want to get to the final having played no more than 15, 16 games at most if at all possible.

And so I don’t sound like a broken record on Harry Neale quotes he also said beware the veteran team that underachieved during the regular season. Looking at you Penguins, on both counts.

Not exactly the ending I was hoping for in either game. Soooooo close to having that throat pinned to the floor and now it’s back to square one.

I think if Dallas wins Saturday they will win the series in 6. I think if the Blues win Saturday they will win the series in 7. No rhyme or reason to that train of thought that’s just the feeling I have.

I still believe the Sharks will best the Predators.