I've been trying to catch a stray dog

This little guy is tearing ass around the campus of the university where I work. He’s clearly getting fed by students living there. But he’s also clearly been living on the streets for awhile. He looks like a little flea bag.

I spent two hours feeding him and trying to get him to let me get close to him the other night. One guy told me he had been trying to catch the dog for a week. He said the dog got closer to me than to anyone else. A couple of women tried to help me at one point. He just wasn’t having it.

He looks like a cockapoo-type dog. I went back and looked for him yesterday but couldn’t find him. I am going to look again Tuesday.

I’ve seen lots of feral cats on campuses. This is the first time I’ve seen a resident dog.

Go get a trap from the SSPCA.

1 Like

Will they give me one without getting involved? I don’t want them to off him.

1 Like

I don’t think they care if you take it to any licensed shelter, so I would guess you could drop it off at a no kill shelter.

Just confirm that with them.

My ex would catch feral cats to take them to a clinic to get spayed or neutered. She never dealt with dropping them off.

There may be other organizations or shelters who would also lend you a trap.

2 Likes

OK. Thanks! I’ll look into getting a trap from a no-kill rescue service. There must be lots around here.

We have a few feral cats that have been hanging out at my work campus for a few years now. They send out memos every now and then telling people not to feed them, but plenty do anyway. Hell, they don’t bother anything and it keeps them from scavenging thru the trash bins. It also keeps the vermin down. I realize though, dogs are a whole other story.

Yeah. Dogs don’t really like running wild. I think cats kind of do like it.

I’ve got one cat that I think lives with another family. She shows up right when I get off work, when I feed, eats, and then she’s out the door and heading south through the woods and up the hill where there are some houses. I don’t care, she’s very healthy and happy. Every once in a while she’ll come in and spend the night, but the next day she wants to go.

1 Like

“I’ve been trying to catch a stray dog”

Try peanut butter on panties.

1 Like

When I was younger I had a dog named Zip that was like that. He would go to a number of different neighbor’s houses who liked to feed him and let him hang out.

Good luck Lotus Bud.

lol our dog ate the crotch out of this one chick’s jeans when he found them on the bathroom floor.

1 Like

Was your dog stoned? :wink:

1 Like