ICYMI: Trump nominates the chick that reminds him of his Daughter to SCOTUS

What is ICYMI mean?

In case you missed it, it’s a thing, I lurnt it from Spoon.

Got it, thanks.

I assume you ask out of FOMO

Just stop, please. I’m lost again.

*Fear of Missing Out

2 Likes

As Tommy the 78 year old used car salesman used to say, “Time will tell.”

She has been very pro constitutional and I doubt she will argue about Roe v Wade.

The New York Times has a good article, I don’t think all hope is lost for Women’s Rights as previously thought…but we’ll see. She did vote for a ban solely based on the sex, and that all remains must be cremated or buried.

The more I’ve read, even though she might participate in some bizarre religious idiom, she does sound smart and level headed and not being “Legislative” nor “Political” from the bench, so if she gets through, we’ll find out how partisan she is.

The only problem I see is having the court being so heavily stacked. I prefer 4/5. Less partisan shit going on.

1 Like

I read that she believes Roe V Wade was decided incorrectly.

I thought she agreed with Scalia that it’s a states rights issue, but I haven’t exactly done much digging.

Sure, but that would effectively make abortion unavailable as an option for some states.

1 Like

The best we can do is try enough political theater stunts to delay a vote until after the election, and then if the balance of power takes a good solid left turn post 11/3…we could dictate terms to the Trumpzis, …if not, I suggest swimming to Cuba.

Too hot. I’m considering Ireland.

Sorry mang, I never say that cos I’m always the last person to know anything. You got it from someone else.

Mea culpa, hmm someone used peer pressure to goad me into uttering that vile word. Must find.