I Got The Flu

I wouldn’t normally post this except that I think that I got it as a result of having a flu shot a couple of days ago.

Don’t get the Flu shot. the Elderberry will kill it, or the Oregano Oil if you are on it fast enough.

2 Likes

Did you get the red shot, or the blue shot?

1 Like

You’re probably right, LR.

1 Like

I’ve never had the shot and rarely get even a mild case. Last time I was bad sick with flu was the Hong Kong flu in 73 or 74.

Edit to add… now that I have this blood disorder, though, my immune response may be impaired. I should knock on wood, hell the next time I do get the flu it may be devastatingly bad.

But I’m still not gettin the shot.

2 Likes

Flu vaccines carry inactivated versions of the virus or no actual virus at all so you can’t get the flu from it.

I’m in a similar boat being immunocompromised.

Being around kids makes it hard to stay well. Just make sure you wash your hands A LOT! I’m always conscious about touching things then myself.

Oops, this was meant for @LittleRambo1.

1 Like

I’m touching myself right now!

In my early 20’s I got a flu shot once at Scott AFB in the afternoon and later that night I was at a hotel with a girlfriend, and started all of a sudden running a crazy fever and felt like I was going to die. She was freaked out about it too, the next day I felt drained and weak but better, I didn’t get like the flu from it after I got it, it just made me deathly ill later that evening.

1 Like

So you got the immune response to the flu, then. Which is the point, tho not usually so dramatically.

2 Likes

Yeah out of my mind delerious with a fever in a bathtub of cold water at some motel convinced me to never get another one.

2 Likes

I hope you feel better soon. Take good care of yourself.

1 Like

That must have been a night to remember.:wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjcHbb2BOGU

So your theory is that it’s good to get sick so that you can avoid getting sick?

So your temp spiked, but nothing else could? :wink:

You just explained immunotherapy science.

3 Likes

I had a flu shot once, when I was a kid. It caused me to pass out in the doctor’s office and smash into something that gave me a bruise on my hip. I have a haywire immune system and it does not take kindly to any of this sort of thing.

1 Like