Hey how about them Warriors?

Naming them the Golden State Warriors is dumb. They should be called the San Francisco or Oakland Warriors.

Yeah, any team named after a state is dumb. Tennessee Titans. Minnesota Timberwolves/Vikings/Twins/Wild. Arizona Cardinals/Coyotes. Utah Jazz. Hell, the Carolina Panthers and Hurricanes can’t even pick a state. Absolutely no precedent for this.

I really don’t care about the NBA at all. The last time I watched a game was when the Pistons were beating the living shit out of Kobe and Shaq and Karl Malone and Gary Payton in what I know Pistons fans refer to as “the five game sweep”. But even though I cheer for the Browns my only rooting interest is this guy, a guy we Sparty fans know as ‘Dancing Bear’

I can see it if you are the only team in the state or based in a really small city… as that might help pull in a wider fan base. There are 3 other teams in the “Golden State” and fans in those cities could give a ratz azz about the Warriors. It was the same with the California Angels.

The Angels had a claim on the whole state and squandered it. The Warriors kept it and nay-sayers howl nonetheless.

I don’t like the Angels, they had a cool monkey. Now they don’t.

AND they have Mike Scioscia, who was a Dodgers hero back in the day. :angry:

They originated in Sacramento, the state capital and also the “gate” to Gold country.

So the Warriors beat the Bulls’ wins record, tho I was hoping they’d go 74-8 because then they’d be over 90%. Steph also crushed his 2015 3-pt record of 268 by draining his 402nd in the final regular season game.

Speaking of whom, I understand the remaining Lakers are looking forward to knowing what the ball feels like.

What is this new devilry?

A Ballhog. A demon of Los Angeles. This foe is beyond any of you. Run!

(Faces the Ballhog): You shall not pass!

The Ballhog says: Yeah, no shit? (drives and shoots.)

Fly, you fools.

1 Like

In all seriousness, congrats to the Warriors. One of the greatest teams ever, with all due respect to the Celtics and the Bulls.

This one almost got by me - sorry I am late

So Draymond Green suspended for game 5, Warriors could finish this while he is locked out of his own building

On the Blazer fan pages on FB seems like everyone hates the green, I dunno, I think he’s a heckuva players, he definitely plays with heart.

Tell you what, LeBron, you don’t try to trample an opponent while he’s down, and he’ll refrain from kicking you in the balls.

Sir Charles went on record stating that if someone steps over you like that, you are morally obligated to swat him in the fruits.

There you have it.

Warriors start the 16-17 season in LAST PLACE! No 82-0 season for you!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/warriors-vow-bounce-back-spurs-mauling-074405376--nba.html?ref=gs

2 Likes