Has anyone stopped here, to consider the frillies

…that’s right 2020 has brought you an actual plague in America, and an actual coronavirus worldwide.

What more do we want or need to get our thrills and spills?

Not since the Battle of Britain and that there day that went down in infamy, has there been a time where it was so vainglorious to be alive. The battleground is drawn in crayon, and the hope for a bright new tomorrow is clear for no-one to see.

Let us all celebrate what we never achieved. The defeat of cynicism everywhere, and let’s face it, if only it was for the lack of trying. Should we be more positive…can we?

Say something positive here that makes you feel like a human being, say something that gives your life the frillies.

I like pie.

1 Like

Mmm pie.

You see our lives can get better, if we simply acknowledge what we should have in the moment, and not what we don’t.

Oh, I can’t have it, I have the beetus.

In the soundtrack for Unforgiven, one of my three favorite Westerns, one of the main characters is Eastwood’s dead wife Claudia, who is never seen in the film. Eastwood himself wrote “Claudia’s Theme” which was expertly sewn into the soundtrack by Eastwood’s friend Lennie Niehaus, who scored nearly all of the movies Clint produced. Laurindo Almieda is the soloist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa8Q4cJGMKg

2 Likes

Excellent film. It might just be my favorite Western.

Gardening.

I love flowers.

Some of my favorites.

Calla Lily for it’s elegance.

Lisianthus for it’s beauty and being the great mimicker, it can look like different flowers in the various stages of it’s bloom.

and Stargazer lilies for their showy beauty and devine fragrance.

I walk out into my garden and I feel so alive. I love sitting on the bench in my yard and using all my senses to relax. I smell the flowers, I see their colors, I hear the mourning dove perched on the telephone posts, I feel the warm sun on my skin and I taste the fruits of my labors…a tomato, or an herb, a fig from the tree…

It’s one of the most peaceful and yet invigorating experiences for me.

1 Like

I enjoy Navy Seal Workouts on the beach with my best girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9bKxEDWKW8

2 Likes

Where was she going with that piece of driftwood?

All drift wood goes home, but occasionally as in this case, I think she gave up on it, going up the hill due to it’s being just almost to big to get a good grip on.

1 Like

What’s her name again?

Sadie.

1 Like

Good name. She’s a cutie. I enjoyed hearing the sound of the surf. Are you living on the coast again, Apey?

Yes’m This is my backyard.

1 Like

I don’t like you very much anymore. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

It’s nothing super special, except for the water feature.

2 Likes

That’s my main want for my retirement digs.

1 Like

True story. My mom’s mom’s mom was named Calla. My cousin named her first born after two of the girl’s great great grandmothers, another of which (unrelated to me) was named Lily.

1 Like

What more do you need when you live by the coast.

1 Like

She must have loved flowers too. :slightly_smiling_face: