Go Cubs

Sorry, man. Just calling it like I see it. I was awarding them the WS before the season started… especially after they wrangled Heyward front STL. That was like the final piece of the puzzle. Not a fukking hole in that lineup hitting, fielding or pitching. Cleveland has a fine team and in any other year would have a shot. Look, not even Bartman can screw this up.

But yeah, as a one time Cubs fan I understand your trepidation about cockiness and jinxing, so I’ll chill.

http://www.dwmgmt.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/cubs_headline.jpg

4 Likes

Nice find lol

not having paid much attention, I only just realized that the Indians have the second longest drought going…

If the Indians finish second, that would leave them holding the LONGEST active drought.

That’s a title Im perfectly willing to let them enjoy.

2 Likes

Cleveland just got a NBA title. Fukk em.

How’s Cleveland’s football franchise doing? I still contend they shoulda named the new team the Steamers.

2 Likes

Hopefully, the Cavs will be on the road throughout the Series, or at least for the Indians’ home games, so we won’t have to see that smug, egotistical prima donna James in the stands.

1 Like

Simply fuckin astounding that anyone could care about any of this

Wife watches football and I am like

Did I know this when I married her

“Browns” are kinda close, I guess.

This is interesting, and it seems legit.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/a-high-school-senior-in-1993-made-an-amazing-2016-cubs-prediction-174401952.html

I wonder if MLB will rig the series to keep the Cubs from winning the next 3 games. They hate those short Series. Cuts into revenues.

Especially for 2 small market teams, but I read the ratings for yesterday’s game were huge.

1 Like

This is reason enough to want to see the Indians get clobbered. Ignorant redneck Ohioans. Who the fukk has this as their mascot in 2016? At least the Braves did away with that goofball Chief Knock-A-Homa.

You’re typical Cleveland fan addressing a few concerned Native Americans…

1 Like

When I don’t have a dog in the Hunt I tend to root for “The Underdog” That’s sort of what makes this series interesting for me, is in a sense both teams are Underdogs. Small Markets, I don’t know how their pay rolls compare to the Yankee’s et al…but they’ve both gone a long time between Championships.

The Cubs have a Yuuuuuge payroll. They are basically trying to buy a WS title. I don’t have a problem with that. It’s as American as apple pie.

Just in…from the Chicago Tribune

Cubs raise season ticket prices 19.5% for 2017.

The average price of Cubs season tickets will rise 19.5 percent, the team announced Monday, with increases ranging from 6 percent for upper deck reserved seats to 31 percent for infield club box seats.

They could have done like the Miami Marlins, raise the prices and then trade off all the good players and leave behind a shiddy team.

1 Like

That would be teh awesome for the shareholders, for a quarter or so.

The offishul Cubs WS ring has this little hidden thing on the inside…

1 Like