Gardening humor

Once there was a beautiful woman who loved to work in her vegetable garden, but no matter what she did, she couldn’t get her tomatoes to ripen. Admiring her neighbor’s garden, which had beautiful bright red tomatoes, she went one day and inquired of him his secret.

“It’s really quite simple,” the old man explained. “Twice each day, in the morning and in the evening, I expose myself in front of the tomatoes and they turn red with embarrassment.”

Desperate for the perfect garden, she tried his advice and proceeded to expose herself to her plants twice daily. Two weeks passed and her neighbor stopped by to check her progress. “So,” he asked, “Any luck with your tomatoes?”

“No,” she replied excitedly…“But you should see the size of my cucumbers!”

1 Like

Gardening jokes make me feel good from ma head to ma toes.

1 Like

World Naked Gardening Day, I kid you not. May 7, 2016.

I intend to have some hoeing done by the local hotties.

You are kind of a rake…

You’re going to squeeze the tomatoes?

And hopefully I’ll possess nine-inch cucumbers.

FB_IMG_1544820798809

3 Likes

2 Likes

I will mine this thread for my Master Gardener’s class and colleagues and vice-versa.

1 Like

Tell us more? :slightly_smiling_face:

Did you eveer get your tomatoes replanted last year?

Hi LR!

Washington developed and implemented the first Master Gardener cohort over 30 years ago. They spread all over the country. They’re put together, in CA at least, with the University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources Department in most counties in CA.

I have 4 months of classroom training/learning, have to pass an exam and volunteer 50 hours to meet my commitment. Basically we’re considered unpaid (volunteer) horticultural staff of the UC.

It’s been a couple of weeks and I enjoy it a great deal. It’s right up my alley.

2 Likes

This sounds great, especially for you! :clap:

How is it going with the Master Gardener training?

Are you learning about making a drainage system for the garden yet? Bad joke. :grin:

They were going to install tiling, but didn’t bring enough SCUBA gear.

1 Like

2 Likes

It’s going well. So far it’s been soil, horticulture, pests, and backyard orchards. Going well. Learning a lot.

2 Likes

Did you buy your first tractor yet? lol

It sounds pretty complex, I think you will learn a lot. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

NO! So unfair!

I would first get a Gator…

2 Likes

1 Like