Fucking downspout blew off the house

Mother fuck, always something.

What happened to the itsy bitsy spider?

4 Likes

So should I go buy legit “downspout straps” and stainless steel screws and shit or should I do like my friend Jughead does and just take any old piece of scrap aluminum I can find and cut a scraggly strip out of it and use whatever nails I can find and re-attach it?

1 Like

That’s true.

I’m guessing scrap alum would be okay but if you don’t think “whatever nails” will hold over time, at least get the stainless screws.

Yeah but if I go get the stainless screws I might as well buy the downspout straps while I’m there… I got some galvanized screws on hand…

I’m thinking I might go try to cut my own straps out, I got a little scrap gutter material and a hack saw…

Yeah, that’s a smart move. I think they cost at least $1.75 each.

1 Like

I don’t care about the cost, I just don’t want to spend an hour of my day driving out to Menards and back.

1 Like

shit, I’d pay someone else to deal with it if I knew anyone worth a shit.

Fabricate yer own stuff - no need fer shoppers

2 Likes

Just did, got er done… ain’t the prettiest but it’s the back of the fucking house and all the screws in the rest of it look like they’re rusting out too.

2 Likes

AARGGHHH MUST you use profanity? I can’t believe you type the f-word like it’s nothing. Where are your manners? There are ladies on these boards, you know.

It really is nothing… fuck, it’s some pixels on a fucking screen, none of it’s fucking real, and the real world isn’t any realer either, just a bunch of electrons/pixels floating around, what you think is real, is not real, it’s all a big illusion of your own fucking creation.

1 Like

There is no right or wrong but thinking make it so
~Shakespeare