Farewell, Frida ... at least you outlived theAdministrator

The poster some of us knew as Frida Kahlo’s Cat, and other nics, passed away Feb.9 in South Dakota after a sudden and unexpected illness. She was 67. She was working at the Mt.Rushmore National Memorial although she had not worked in weeks due to the Trump shutdown. It is hoped that she did not starve to death as a pawn in national politics.

She had an interesting life, was widely traveled (Tibet, Nepal, Tunisia, Bolivia, Costa Rica, Belize and throughout Europe) and lived in Barcelona from 1989-2010 when she returned to the US to care for her mother after her father’s death. She is survived by her mom, three brothers, and a passel of nieces and nephews.

I fucking adored her (from a distance) every minute of our acquaintance, having met her online in 2007. She was a beautiful soul, and we’ll miss her.

I’m advising Wolf and Raven and Deport.

8 Likes

I remember Frida, she was a quality poster.

3 Likes

Frida was one of the best for sure - sorry to hear that

MrsR and I tried to meet up with her in Barcelona in 2008, it didn’t work out because I was too stupid to figure out how to use a cell phone there at the time. :crying_cat_face:

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear of her passing. She seemed to be a lovely person.

1 Like

i remember her. she was nice.

Then we shall pour one out for Frida and a life well lived.2019-03-23%2010_15_19

6 Likes

She would approve. IIRC she was fond of good Scotch whisk y.

Gypsy tipped a glass or two in her memory last night and is a bit under the weather this morning.

1 Like

She hung here for a little while, a few years ago, iirc?

I seem to recall so, but can’t recall the nic she used. I think it was several years ago.

I remember a nic here that presented as female and was living in Spain, I remember her with…fondness for her heralegría de vivir

1 Like