Don't you get it? I had to shoot my Daughters, because Obama was going to take muh guns!

They have to define it somehow, do they not?

As of Nov 30, 2015

You Are More Than 7 Times As Likely To Be Killed By A Right-Wing Extremist Than By Muslim Terrorists

"Though terrorism perpetrated by Muslims receives a disproportionate amount of attention from politicians and reporters, the reality is that right-wing extremists pose a much greater threat to people in the United States than terrorists connected to ISIS or similar organizations. As UNC Professor Charles Kurzman and Duke Professor David Schanzer explained last June in the New York Times, Islam-inspired terror attacks “accounted for 50 fatalities over the past 13 and a half years.” Meanwhile, “right-wing extremists averaged 337 attacks per year in the decade after 9/11, causing a total of 254 fatalities.”

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2015/11/30/3725562/you-are-more-than-7-times-as-likely-to-be-killed-by-a-right-wing-extemist-than-by-muslim-terrorists/

Just something chew on.

And here’s the statistic for you:

“Meanwhile, terrorism of all forms has accounted for a tiny proportion of violence in America. There have been more than 215,000 murders in the United States since 9/11. For every person killed by Muslim extremists, there have been 4,300 homicides from other threats.”

…as defined by you, Doc, but on what authority you claim this definition to be valid is never stated.

IOW, yer pissin into the wind again.

A mass shooting in my book is where someone is trying to kill as many people as possible at one time. The casualty count is neither here nor there.

That was at Poast 39. I think we’re seeing the creation of what will eventually need to become a free-standing classic thread. Stay tuned, maybe by tomorrow.

how many of these mass shooters were nra members?

2 Likes

The Republican Gun rights Activist in the Op was an Average Life Member of the NRA.

For complete psychotic, she was kind of a cute little thing.

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13528931_257876274585547_3568429393068512891_n.jpg?oh=49103c5e3cb752496afe65203af57b0f&oe=5806AECB

Not sure what Jeff has to do with it, but I guess you BOTH lose. :smile:

That implies you know or can know intent. It’s also subjective. The number wounded is empirical.

Huh. You walk into a bar with an assault rifle and 800 rounds of ammo… or camp out in a campus clock tower with an assortment of high powered rifles and 1000 rounds of ammo and the intent is clear. You’d like to shoot as many as possible.

You could walk into a crowded bar with shitters of ammo, open fire and only kill one person before you get shot and killed. That a mass shooting?

You could walk into a crowded bar with shitters of ammo and only intend to kill one person, find that person and shoot him/her before you get shot and killed. What that a mass shooting?

See the issue with intent?

Okay, okay… 10 or more shot is a mass shooting. Nice round number. 4 just ain’t enough. Shit, I could shoot 4 people accidentally.

Sure, but anyone with a whole brain sees the facts and truth which is that you ent even close. :laughing:

No - to monotheism - I think we may agree it is an abomination but maybe answer a little question as a diversion from the actual subject which you raised (that being that 'whites" are more murderous than muslims - which has already been disproved with statistics). Where do you place the origin point of “Christianity”?

Perhaps you don’t recall Jeff’s three work replies - often the simple denial “No it isn’t” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So apparently you are back and you have still not told us what statistics you based your original statement on. Haven’t got any, have you. Totally just pulled that out of your ass.

You see another mistake you make in comparing “whites” to muslims is that there is no single doctrine which unites white people as a group, while muslims are all united by a belief and mandated adherence to the words of the KooKooranz - the very message of the one and only god, allah (actually a stolen god from a local Meccan pagan group along with the theft of the magic space rock they worship). White murderers do not all enter a room or airport and yell “Insanity is Great”, or “Incest is Best”, or “I Love dark Turkey Meat” or other slogan as might the muslim who yells God (allah) is Great before murdering perfect strangers in the name of their religion. But you have been given the beautiful verses demanding that muslims kill the non-muslim so you understand where the violence originates - and not to mention that the mythical founder was himself a murderer. Among the murderers in the US, particularly the mass murders the common factor seems to be mental disorder and that there are such a significant number is an indictment against the society. That can be addressed directly but how is one to address that the infallible is flawed, Starling? No good muslim can doubt the words of the KooKooranz fore they are the infallible words of the one and only god. You see - the Jihadists are the true muslims. However - let me point out again that in terms of total murders committed by muslims those committed as mass murders are not the total number so the measure of 4 times as many murders per capita by muslims vs whites in the US is understated - and you also don’t address in you data what you do with murders by white muslims. Now I know you think it cute to say but there are more in total and then not take total population disparity into account so lets go big and exaggerate a bit. Imagine that there is a distinct and homogeneous group of 100 members and all commit a murder - one hundred murders in total. Just 100 compared to 3000 by “whites”. According to you it would be silly to scrutinize that group when another commits 30 times that number, in fact - they are so peaceful lets invite more into the country. No - you are no analytical thinker, you don’t even use actual data, you just fart out nonsense. It’s comical in any case that you would suggest anyone here would like to see muslims disarmed and ridicule that notion when you would like to see all persons disarmed leaving the populace at the mercy of a benevolent government. That always works out.

Now - if the Grand Wistard of the KKK gave orders to KKK members to selectively murder people of a certain demographic in the US do you think it would be wise to keep an eye on the KKK? Because I would, and as you know - the Muslims of Al Qaeda have demanded that muslims in the US kill white people. I guess just lets ignore that.

Hey ALLAH ALLAH AKBAR

I guess those travelers in Istanbul got what was coming to them huh?

Hardly, Spoon - the origins of what is retrospectively sometimes called Christianity in its origins is not Jewish, what came out of Nicea in 325 when the Roman Emperor strong armed acceptance of what became Catholicism very definitely is - complete with wrathful God and evil snakes and obedient mindless compliance and simple belief replacing personal exploration of the Father and the Kingdom within through personal effort - essentially the Old Testament that people like Apey and Starling like to refer to portions of as “Chritainity’s” violent passages. I can understand a pure exoterist not understanding that but you I am surprised at. Xtianity is indeed monotheistic though - and certainly there are the Zoarastrians, Sikhs, Baha’is as examples of peaceful monotheists but the larger religions seem to take at its core the demand to convert all by force. To make an effort to become a Christ does not require that, nor the subjugation of oneself to an outer supreme being. For some remnant Christianity I recommend Gurdjieff and not so much Poop Francis.

PS: Oh, and Spoon - leave it to an Xtian to require an authority to call a thing what it is. :laughing:

Happens all the time, awkward!