Does radical Islam frighten you?

https://news.yahoo.com/statistics-show-white-supremacy-bigger-004327404.html

4 Likes

Meh, doubt that.

Link to other, more reliable statistics?

yahoo is not a source.

1 Like

Well, you’re right, Yahoo isn’t the source. Yahoo is simply the messenger. If you or the maroon who rec’d you bothered to click on the link you’d see that.

The New York Times reported back in June that since Sept. 11, 2001, almost twice as many people have died at the hands of white supremacists and other non-Muslim extremists than by radical Muslims. Using data compiled by New America, a Washington Research center, a study found that 48 people have been killed by extremists who are not Muslim—including the mass killings in Charleston, S.C.—compared to the 26 by self-proclaimed jihadists. However, this does not factor in yesterday’s tragic shooting or less publicized incidents like the Las Vegas couple who murdered two police officers and left a Swastika on one of the bodies.

I would be more frightened of random losers with guns than by any sort of ideological terrorist.

3 Likes

Well, being white, you really wouldn’t have to worry about white supremacists.

But of course nutjobs with guns are far more terrifying than Muslims.

A lot of white people died in Oklahoma City bombing, no?

1 Like

Are you Muslim, LotusBud?

There are currently far fewer Muslims in this country than there are Whites.

Her writing certainly shows a different perspective.

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/shrinknp_400_400/AAEAAQAAAAAAAAVEAAAAJDYzNGU0NzFhLTI0NDktNDVmYy05OThiLWVmMzJhZTA2MjkwNw.jpg

Who is she?

Yeah, but a White Guy did it, so it wasn’t Terrorism, it was Domestic Terrorism (note the need for the extra adjective for clarification purposes)

Oh, how soon we forget about the Ft. Hood shrink who shot up the Army post.

That’s absurd. No one said there haven’t been any attacks motivated by radical Islam. Can you read?

Yes, I can read, Islam is a bigger threat than White Supremacy.

Well, in your mind, yes. In reality, no.

You mean radical Islam, right?

I agree. 9/11 killed far many more people than any white supremacist group has killed since 2001

1 Like

Lotusbud; care to support your data?

Please share your sources of White Supremacy murders vs. radical Islam murders.

Waiting.

Um, I supported my idea with a link, AND an excerpt from the article for those who are prone to make pronouncements without clicking on links. Why don’t you try reading.

The article purposefully left out 9/11.

lies, damned lies and statistics

1 Like