Do any of you'uns have the cicadas?

This is our year. Last night I was out in the driveway and it was spotless. Come out this morning and there were about 50 of them.

So, do they really taste like Chicken?

They taste like almonds.

some people get 5 million - cover everything - I been lucky - never had them

“No, we get blood test.”

Don’t see many here. I have seen a few June bugs. I imagine any day now we’ll be getting hammered with them. I hate those fuckers.

Every year I there is some intense noise coming from the marsh, it’s so loud that it hurts me ears.

That’s not a marsh, it’s a sewage treatment plant, yes I know what the Realtor told you, but you were misinformed.

Last year was a big year for us. I haven’t seen any this yet.

The periodic variety typically emerge en mass every 13 or 17 years depending on specie. They’re not synchronized across region, so it may be happening in one place but not another. There are annual cicadas too, but those are the few you see buzzing around every summer, not the ones blanketing the driveway.

I own most of it pretty much all the way to my neighbors house. One day my neighbor came to see me and offered to fill in his half of the marsh if I agreed to fill in my half. I explained to him(politely) that not only is it protected land but that I owned almost all of it. Apparently the real estate agent had lied through her teeth when she had sold him the house.

How much marsh do you have, and since it’s protected do you get some property tax discounts for that?

I bet it is a very mellow place

I have a little over an acre of land and about 1 third of it is the sewage treatment plant. It’s kind of hidden by some trees. I have to fight for the tax credits.

I have come to appreciate the marsh. It’s loaded with Sputnik like flowers which attract Monarch Butterflies. Also, it supports a large number of birds.

It would bring some fauna around, how about skeaters?

I don’t understand.

Mosquitos, does your marsh incubate them?

My back yard is pretty sunny. It’s not a problem during the day. I recently build a large back porch but I never screened it in. I like it open.

I had a screened in porch at my last place, it was the best thing about it. I put the dining room table out there spring-summer-fall.