D_M's Health Update

Them guys will get it - hoping fer the best

4 Likes

Fuckbuckles! Hereā€™s to tomorrow being smooth as butter, Dingle! Shite!

6 Likes

Iā€™m sorry, man. Hope it goes better tomorrow.

3 Likes

It will. Thatā€™s how they ended up doing it last time. Like the surgeon said last time, itā€™s really not something a RN should be doing in the first place. Theyā€™re just trying to go cheap. Hopefully, Iā€™ll be able to go home after the procedure. I canā€™t stomach another hospital stayā€¦ even for one day.

On the plus side, Iā€™m nearing my out of pocket insurance limit. Another $300 and everything will be free going forward in 2017.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s just wrong. I am pissed at them!

Thatā€™s pretty awesome.

1 Like

I remember when I had a PICC line put it. This big, butch nurse comes in all gruff and bitchy and I got the vibe that she really did not like men in general because I sure as hell didnā€™t do or say anything to set her off. Nothing against her being a lesbo, but I really thought that she hated me. She was yelling at me practically the whole time, and as I was not in a great mood myself I finally told her, ā€œyou need to calm the fuck downā€. And calm down she did.

6 Likes

Probably hated her job, not you. But yay for setting her straight!

1 Like

Hey Guy, itā€™s like youā€™ve been through a war. Keep being strong. You are almost home.

3 Likes

I appreciate that LR.

Iā€™m here at Kaiser Permanente hospital waiting to get this PICC line surgery. They gave me a sedative and I can barely keep my eyes open. 2 surgeons and an anesthesiologist, so I should be good to go.

6 Likes

Hoping fer the best

By the way

you look slightly irritated - this is a good sign

6 Likes

LMAO

1 Like

All done and ready for more poisonsā€¦ lol.

Seriously though, this team was good. Stone smooth with the scalpel.

6 Likes

Awesome! Glad it went well.

2 Likes

Cool, dude!

1 Like

Iā€™m back here at Kaiser. I met with my oncologist and am getting ready to start cycle 4 of chemo. 6 hours in this fucking chair in this freezing room. After that I have to wear chemo pump for a weekā€¦ Then rinse and repeat.

Iā€™ve got to make a decision about my oncologist. Heā€™s the department head and looked on as one of the top practitioners in the field, but I fear heā€™s losing his grip. He started our consultation speaking in very negative termsā€¦ stating that the chemo wasnā€™t working well, the radiotherapy didnā€™t go well and my only hope was surgery, which I wasnā€™t a candidate for.

The chemo is making me nauseous and tired all over again. Itā€™s going to take me awhile to acclimate to these toxins again.

Im going to level with you. While i am currently in remission, my neuriiphis counts have doubled since my last lab work, which is indficative of the csncer fighting hard to return.

How hard is it to switch doctors like that?

I mean I know you can do it, but how many are there willing to get up to date on yer history

I would want another opinion if heā€™s talking like that. Surely youā€™re entitled to have someone else give you his/her analysis.

Itā€™s easy with my plan, but I need to really think it over.

My wife and I sat there frozen, waiting to hear the ā€œ6 months to a yearā€ speech. In the end though, it turns out he was reading my chart from March. Duh. He corrected himself and checked my latest chart. He then told us Iā€™m still in full remission, but the neuriiphis counts are still a major concern. So Iā€™m not dying, but itā€™s shit like this that worry me about the guy.

3 Likes

Wow. Now, thatā€™s a little scary. Hopefully he just had a rough day, rather than a rough year, or early Alzheimerā€™s.

2 Likes