D_M's Health Update

Adios.

7 Likes

Ah, Nick. I’m so glad you got to go home. :thumbsup: I hope you can sleep, even with the IV.

2 Likes

Love it! Looking forward to it!

2 Likes

Still weak as hell. Takes me 10 minutes to get up the stairs. Should take 10 seconds. My wife wants to get me a hospital bed for downstairs, but I think it’s overkill and nixed it. I’m still covered in tubes.

1 Like

Aaah, but it has to feel nice to be in your own house in your own bed and stuff, and peace and quiet.

PS, Your abs need some work, bikini season is approaching.

4 Likes

I’m digging the new hardware. Most people start off with an earring but I admire you really taking that plunge.

4 Likes

Here’s an adrenaline rush
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwOojGF2cjs

1 Like

Quick Update. I had an appointment with my surgeon to discuss post-op stuff and get surgical staples removed. He felt the surgery was perfection except for the discovery of a few affected lymph nodes that got missed. He seemed kind of down about that. So it’s just wait and see with the lymph nodes. Hopefully, they will just remiss.

This wound is the entry point for the chest tube and by far the most painful. It keeps me from lying on my side. It’s kind of like a bullet wound as explained by the surgeon. It will heal over time.

7 Likes

Hope you’re RSO’ing up man…

1 Like

I hope those lymph nodes cause you no grief and you get get back to healing that poor battered body of yours.

I have to say how much I admire your strength and courage to stand up and fight this disease.

You are amazeballs!

6 Likes

I, too, am amazed by your fortitude – and grace, may I say – in all this. Keep up the good work, DM! As always, :pray: and :thumbsup:

4 Likes

I don’t know about courage and all that. When faced with one’s own mortality, you tend to do what has to be done.

1 Like

Some just roll over.

1 Like

True. Some are so unnerved by chemo and radiation treatments that they will just put their fate in the hands of God. I suppose if I were in my late 70’s or 80’s I would roll over as well.

The type of cancer also plays into it. In my case the treatments and surgery were horrible, but the alternative was a painful death.

1 Like

It had to be horrifying to get that news. I appreciate that you shared a lot of the process with us. Your honesty is refreshing.

5 Likes

They have ways of easing people far more comfortably towards death than they have for easing the suffering of those fighting life.

Sorry pal but you chose the hard way and I admire the shit out of you for it.

2 Likes

Sharing with friends has been good therapy for me. :

7 Likes

A bullet wound?..dude, you look like you got shot by a machine gun…ouch!

2 Likes

It’s OK, we’l just put you on the 2022 Wold Cup squad instead of 2018.

5 Likes

Thanks guys. A little update. I spoke with my surgeon 2 days ago and my oncologist yesterday. It appears they now want to do another surgery and more chemotherapy to get the lymph nodes they missed in the first surgery. I’m really not up for that.I dread going back under the knife and spending a few weeks in the hospital. I dread the side effects of the chemo nearly as much. Anyway, I told them I need a break from it all and they agreed to put everything off for a month. I’ll use that time to relax and get my strength back. I’ll also focus on some of the alternative treatments in that time…namely diet, supplements and meditation.

5 Likes