D_M's Health Update

Might be that your vitamin levels and electrolytes and all of that are messed up. That happened to me about 5 years ago when I came within an inch of heart failure.

Hang in there dude and I’m still praying for you.

5 Likes

Still in the hospital. I think it’s day 9… I made it clear to everyone involved I’m going home today.

11 Likes

woot woot

2 Likes

Great!

2 Likes

Best thing for you.

2 Likes

hospital sucks for recovery, in general.

6 Likes

:pray:

:kissing:

2 Likes

I hope they got the nodes out. Aren’t you going to miss all those nurses?

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UaJAnnipkY

1 Like

Day 10 at the hospital. Maybe get out this evening.

How are you feeling aside from eager to get out?

Not too great. Still in a lot of pain from all the incisions into my gut and chest. Pain meds don’t provide much relief… just help to make you not care as much.

I’m really weak as well. Still need a walker, but I suspect I’ll get my sea legs back pretty quick once I get home.

The worse is I’m going to be on IV drips for at least another month or two. I fucking hate being tethered to anything at night. Makes it hard to sleep.

Damn. Sorry you’re still there. Why do they say they’re keeping you so long?

I developed a staphylococcus infection and they wanted to treat it here. I slowly had some coronary issues and they wanted to keep me on oxygen and a heart monitor…

I think they would have liked to keep me through the weekend, but see my spirit quickly fading and that’s worse than the illness. I would have likely checked myself out tomorrow anyway.

Wow. I hope you stabilize really quickly and get the fuck out of there. Hospitals suck.

1 Like

I know what you mean. The hospital can definitely be spirit crushing.

There’s no place like home.

I hope you get there quickly so you can truly recover.

3 Likes

Your will to go home means you are fighting and you know the hospital is not the best place to return to normality

Just remember man, you survived worse

2 Likes

Would you like a subscription to something like an audio books set up? Happy to get you one

3 Likes

Thanks WK, but I have a stack of audio books to go through as it is. What I would really like to do is hook up with you in NYC in a few months. Maybe we could do a show and dinner or a sporting event
A very successful friend of mine from high school who is battling stage 4 lung cancer has kindly offered me use of her fully furnished Manhattan apartment whenever I’m well enough to travel again. That will probably be at least 3 or 4 months but I’m probably going to take her up on it.

8 Likes

Well, I’m finally back home recovering. The IV bullshit has me stressed, but it beats the hell out of rotting in that hospital room. To be honest… I had a few doubts I would even make it through the surgery in my weakened state, so it’s a major victory.

9 Likes