Curioser and curioser

Trump was right
And as a wildland firefighter here… the only areas that are burning hard are unkept forest areas with heavy fuels.

Right about what?

It was admitted after Yellowstone burned and before you were pissing in your pants that fire suppression was the cause

Moran

trump wants the loggers to get rich at the expense of the planet

I blame the Indians.

My experts use your experts as contrarian indicators.

Western Journal? Lol

Isn’t that the advertising circular for Western Auto?

If you deny that poor forest management doesn’t lead to wildfires, you might not be intelligent enough to tie your shoes.

What does “forest management” mean to you?

This is something I found laying around the internet.

Back burns, clearing trees, etc.

And they’re not doing those things now?

Not in a lot of places

Ya know before white mother fuckers arrived there used to be old growth gigantic forests all over the place

Splain how that could be without all this management horesshit

Take yer time

I guess Lewis and Clark saw nothing but burned out forests cause of you know, no back burning or management

Portland Oregon’s old nick name is Stumptown from the early days when stumps from the forest that covered the riverfront the town grew up on. were a frequent sight on the streets of the early city.

I wonder how the ever grew without all that forest management and clearing and sich

Well urban legend has it that the Native pygmies burnt every forest down every year so, so they wouldn’t have to worry about forest fires, or something.

Wot about b4 the pygmies?

370 million years Boro

dats how long trees have been here with no management

Lots of wildfires.

Pinecones need fires to seed.
This forest burnt down 2 years ago or so, and it already had lots and lots of low fuels.

1 Like

370 million years without humans fucking with them

1 Like

But the balancing act if how much “fuel” or nutrients from weeds and dead shrubs and scrub trees and pine needles and cones for nutrients vs. fire proofing the forest?