Anyone here drink Milk Alternatives?

“Carrageenan, a commonly used food additive, is an indigestible polysaccharide that is extracted from red algae and is commonly used in as a thickener or stabilizer in milk alternatives. Although it’s derived from a natural source, carrageenan can be destructive to the digestive system, triggering an immune response that causes inflammation, gut irritation and lesions, and even cancer. While organic foods ban the use of GMOs, chemical pesticides, and toxic synthetic additives, carrageenan is currently still allowed, so it’s important to check food labels.” — Gina Hassick, RD, LDN, CDE

1 Like

Hey, arsenic and cyanide are natural, so they gotta be healthy too, right?

1 Like

My wife uses Rice Dream. She’s not lactose intolerant per se, but because she’s allergic to milk proteins unless they’re cooked. No Carrageenan in that, I just checked.

Right? I know a lot of people drink all these “milks” - almond, oat, etc.

We just need to remember that plants protect themselves by producing toxins to defend themselves from being eaten since they can’t get up and walk away.

I try to use unsweetened fake milks if I need milk, just because I don’t need all the sugar. I have not yet got the hang of an avocado smoothie with almond milk and erythritol (0-net-carb sweetener)

I can’t do avocado smoothies.

It doesn’t taste bad by any means. I’m just used to them as part of a savory meal.

I guess I can go both ways

So can tRump: wife AND mistress.

1 Like

He walked right into that. :rofl:

I’ll check my Half and Half.:slightly_smiling_face:

I think they’re referring to things like almond, oat, rice, etc milks.

I don’t believe cow or goat milk would be problematic.

1 Like

I love choco almond milk.

I get the drizzling shits if I drink regular milk, to the point I think I’m lactose. But choco almond milk is a private luxury I love