Any Lawyers Here?

People have their lives destroyed by medical expenses. Others seem to be able to just walk away though. Depends what they think they can get from you it seems.

2 Likes

Ouch, how’d you do that?

And that’s not right! That’s 3rd world country shit.

1 Like

Evidently that’s all we are capable of here in the land of the free.

I was going down cement steps in the dark and stepped on something I didn’t see. That’s all I remember. Next thing I knew I woke up on the ground at the bottom of the stairs. Obviously I put my arm out to break the fall, but I don’t remember it happening.

1 Like

Holy shit. That must have hurt.

When I stood up I almost passed out again. It hurt like hell.

Most of the US is 3rd world… my gf’s cousin married a hot russian chick he met on some gaming site… she has been over here a couple years now I think it is, she has had her fill of the merican dream… turns out it isn’t what they were selling… They’re ready to move to Russia where they’ll be able to live in the nicest part of town for what they’re paying to live in the ghetto here.

2 Likes

10K? Jeebs. So they got a court order for a garnish or you made an arrangement?

Shit my mom had a heart attack about 10 years ago and she had insurance but they charged $6k a night for a hospital room.

No. It’s not a garnish. I made an arrangement and they take money out of my bank account every month.

Couldn’t you start a new bank account and let them drain that one, then start sending them like $10 a month? I’ve always heard if you pay something every month they can’t sue you etc. but don’t quote me on that.

That’s what happens when Big Insurance, Big Pharma and Big Medicine are in charge of “health care.”

Last time I looked, which was several years ago and even before Obamacare, over 60% of personal bankruptcies were medically induced. Happened to me that way, about 12 years back.

3 Likes

I’m glad I mentioned it. I don’t feel alone in this anymore. What are we up to, about 50% of the board members now?

2 Likes

This is what was awesome about my arrangement. This hospital – UCLA – is so money hungry it’s despicable. We made the arrangement, they took my bank account info, refused to send me any sort of corroborating paperwork, saying “If there’ ever a problem, just call us.”

So, for the first three months, they called me, in hysterics, on the first day of the month.

“Where’s your money? You owe us a payment!”

“You’re taking it out of my bank account.”

“We are? Hold on. Let us check that.” Five minutes later. “Oh, yes. We see. We didn’t post your payment yet.”

What? They call me in hysterics because THEY didn’t get around to posting the payment? The third time I told them if they called me one more time, I would contact my state senator and have him give them a call. They never called me again.

2 Likes

I think it depends on how big the dickheads are at the hospital.

2 Likes

Yup. I was in the hospital for about two hours. And then the follow ups with an orthopedist. But the biggest chunk of change by far was for the ER doctor’s services and the hospital itself. Over seven grand.

2 Likes

In the last year, I have spent 16 days in hospital, 6 outpatient days, 5 trips to ER, 2 ambulance rides, and 1 air ambulance flight, 2 surgeries, 2 CAT scans, 2 MRIs, 1 ultrasound, 1 x-Ray, 8 ECGs, 8 drug infusions, and loads of medications.

I have spent $0 out of pocket.

And that is how it should be.

4 Likes

Rec, and holy shit. Sorry for all that.

BTW, that prolly would have cost you half a million here if you didn’t have insurance.

1 Like

No worries. This is life. Medical shit happens. It shouldn’t bankrupt people to be sick.

:((