Any Lawyers Here?

No. It’s not a garnish. I made an arrangement and they take money out of my bank account every month.

Couldn’t you start a new bank account and let them drain that one, then start sending them like $10 a month? I’ve always heard if you pay something every month they can’t sue you etc. but don’t quote me on that.

That’s what happens when Big Insurance, Big Pharma and Big Medicine are in charge of “health care.”

Last time I looked, which was several years ago and even before Obamacare, over 60% of personal bankruptcies were medically induced. Happened to me that way, about 12 years back.

3 Likes

I’m glad I mentioned it. I don’t feel alone in this anymore. What are we up to, about 50% of the board members now?

2 Likes

This is what was awesome about my arrangement. This hospital – UCLA – is so money hungry it’s despicable. We made the arrangement, they took my bank account info, refused to send me any sort of corroborating paperwork, saying “If there’ ever a problem, just call us.”

So, for the first three months, they called me, in hysterics, on the first day of the month.

“Where’s your money? You owe us a payment!”

“You’re taking it out of my bank account.”

“We are? Hold on. Let us check that.” Five minutes later. “Oh, yes. We see. We didn’t post your payment yet.”

What? They call me in hysterics because THEY didn’t get around to posting the payment? The third time I told them if they called me one more time, I would contact my state senator and have him give them a call. They never called me again.

2 Likes

I think it depends on how big the dickheads are at the hospital.

2 Likes

Yup. I was in the hospital for about two hours. And then the follow ups with an orthopedist. But the biggest chunk of change by far was for the ER doctor’s services and the hospital itself. Over seven grand.

2 Likes

In the last year, I have spent 16 days in hospital, 6 outpatient days, 5 trips to ER, 2 ambulance rides, and 1 air ambulance flight, 2 surgeries, 2 CAT scans, 2 MRIs, 1 ultrasound, 1 x-Ray, 8 ECGs, 8 drug infusions, and loads of medications.

I have spent $0 out of pocket.

And that is how it should be.

4 Likes

Rec, and holy shit. Sorry for all that.

BTW, that prolly would have cost you half a million here if you didn’t have insurance.

1 Like

No worries. This is life. Medical shit happens. It shouldn’t bankrupt people to be sick.

:((

Sucks, Holliday. The “compassionate right” in this country cares not for the effect heath issues have on us. There is a special place in hell, if it exists, for those who wrap themselves in Christian Values and screw people over with them. Universal, Single Payer, and get the profit out of health SERVICES.

4 Likes

I sure hope it does. I’ve already consigned several politicians and oilmen to it today, and I’m only just starting my second cuppa coffee.

1 Like

UPDATE:

After many of running around - involving my company, the insurance co, them contacting the collection agency and hospital without any final resolution, I managed to contact a very nice and helpful woman at the hospital’s billing dept who saw where problems existed and solved everything for me. Bless her. :smile:

PS: I Win !

PPS: Well - I did not lose further anyway.

1 Like

Given the opportunity, would you hit it?

More and more, a decent person with pleasant disposition, helpful and courteous, makes more points with me so…

maybe
I’d have to see her.

Paraphrasing G B Shaw…Even in Hitting It, there is the sportsman’s way and the cad’s way. I’m surprised by your answer.

This is why I

ALWAYS

carry a light and at least one backup light

going down steps in the dark - I dunno what to say

So here you are a woman and a mother, yet you casually use the a-word? It drives me nuts when people use that term, “pain in the *ss.” And here I am always scolding the GUYS for using such language because ladies are on these boards, and so it really upsets me when a WOMAN uses such language. We’ll never get guys to respect women and understand that a gentleman shouldn’t swear in front of a lady, as long as ladies swear. Nobody should swear. And remember, you are a MOTHER. You of all people should know not to use such language.

Pardon me, boring skank - you are not welcome in my threads. Please refrain from posting your boring skank drivel in them.

CLEANUP ON AISLE 8 !

1 Like

Oh that’s right, call me a “skank”. Oh brother.